| I. Obanai x Reader | Escort to Hell (AU) [1/2]

Lmao sorry I know this isn't what you had wanted but I really needed to let go of this idea.

Yes I'm working on pt2 of the third special, I know y'all been screaming about it ;^)

• • •

AU:
Fantasy world inspired by Asian mythology.

• • •

"As in accordance to the requests of the three gods of Heaven, Hell, and reincarnation respectively, I shall personally escort you to hell the old fashioned way, Iguro Obanai."

|| Part I - Missing Hell's Gate ||

Death felt like life at first.

It felt fresh, new, almost adventurous, but even so, I could only dream of the other sensation one would experience as their soul drift to the realms above, be it the eternal bliss of heaven or the dreamy forgetfulness of the garden of reincarnation.

Why exactly am I restrained to only imagining the sensations of ascending to such places?

Well it's simple really for, as decided by the judgement of the gods...

I was sentenced to hell.

It was only fair really, but even so, as my soul fell deeper and deeper into the underworld, I had sensed something against the skin of my soul. Stripping away the things that had briefly made me feel alive.

My heartbeat was the first and last thing I knew they stripped me of, the rest was unknown. But even as I did not know what was stripped from me, I knew it was what made me living. Things I never knew was there, only acknowledged as I lost it.

Perhaps it was hunger that was stripped next, thirst too, fatigue? Were those the things I felt leaving me as I descended further and further into the boundaries of the underworld?

No it had to be more than that, it had to be.

Surly what had made me feel alive day to day in my shortened years of sin wasn't just these earthly cravings. I had lived for so much more.

Lived for her.

Snapping my eyes open I saw the fabled Tower of Repentance coming closer into view, its gate open and facing upwards, waiting to swallow this filthy thing I call my soul whole.

I wondered how many years I would have to spend in there before reincarnation...

I noticed that my chest no longer moved as it always did, that my eyes no longer blinked.

Was taste still there I found myself asking.

Just how many things had yet to be stripped until I truly experience life as a deadman?

The sight of the open gate was growing larger and larger, and I no longer felt alive in the slightest sense.

What else could be stripped from me?