| I. Obanai x Reader | Reluctance [1/2]

Requested by: _Azeire_
I actually really loved writing this even though I feel like it was rushed, thanks for the request!

• • •

|| • 3rd person • ||

"Pleeeeeaaaaase Obanai-San? You'll love her I swear!"

Those were the pleading words of Mitsuri as she tried to introduce a certain young lady to her friend, the Snake Pillar, Iguro Obanai.

The purpose of the introduction was rather strange, the Love Pillar seemed adamant on convincing her friend on taking in the quiet lady by her side as a tsugoku. Obanai was reluctant however, a rarity since he usually goes with whatever Mitsuri says, anything to see her smile after all. But if there was one belief unrelated to the Love Pillar he held, it was that the new recruits of the Corp were amateurs completely undeserving of his attention.

And as far as he knew, who ever this person was, she was certainly undeserving of Mitsuri's.

The man furrowed his eyebrows in frustration as he saw Mitsuri's desperate face, he was torn really. A tsugoku was the last thing he wanted but at the same time how could he say no to his only friend?

"I'm just not sure Mitsuri-San, what makes...her so special that you want me of all people to take her in?"

Two toned eyes scrutinized the lady sitting humbly by Mitsuri's side, searching for anything remarkable about her but in his foul mood Obanai found none. Catching his gaze, the stranger offered him a shy smile but the man scoffed and refocused on Mitsuri.

"I'm sorry but couldn't you take her in yourself if you see potential in her?" He asked as politely as he could.

'Whatever that potential may be,' he added bitterly in his head.

The Love Pillar shook her head stubbornly, "No! It has to be you Obanai-San!"

He sighed in frustration, they've been at this for a while now and both of them were simply repeating what they've said before.

"Could you at least tell me why then?"

Sitting still now Mitsuri lets out an drawn out "Hmmmmm," in her thinking pose.

"I guess it's just something about how you two's personality should work together," she mumbled. "That and my secret sixth sense. Please Obanai-San, you've gotta trust me on this one! I'm begging you here, [Y/N]-Chan is a sweetheart I promise!"

"Mitsuri-San please," finally the silent woman spoke. "There's not need to go to this length for me. I appreciate the gesture but Iguro-San really doesn't seem to want me as a tsugoku so I would hate to-"

"Stop."

Anger filled Obanai's head, does this woman not see the trouble Mitsuri was going through for her? Not to mention the inconvenience she was causing him just by being there, and she was just trying to dismiss it all. Who did she think she was?

But Mitsuri's nervous yet hopeful gaze saved her.

The Snake Pillar sighed in defeat, "I...I'll make her my tsugoku." Looking at the shocked stranger he realized what he had done and clenched his fists.