Chapter 11

"Hi!" I smile and walk over to Dylan.

"You look cute." He smiles back. Those three simple words remind me of Danny and his constant need to tell me them every single day.
"Thanks." I reply and readjust my purse on my shoulder. We buy our tickets and popcorn and head into the theatre.

~

We don't talk much because we're simply sitting there watching a movie, but our hands awkwardly touch every now and then when reaching into the bag of popcorn. I'm almost 100% sure he's doing that on purpose.

When the film ends, we leave the theatre and walk around outside for a bit.

"So..." He starts. I was kind of hoping that we could keep the talking to a minimum because I don't know what to say.

"So." I reply.

"Um..."

"Maybe I should head home. It's getting dark." I say the first thing that comes to mind. I really just want to get home so I can talk to Danny.

"Okay. I can drive you if you want?" He offers. I feel bad for leaving him like this, but I honesty just want to go.

"No it's fine. I can walk." I smile. He slowly leans in to kiss me but I turn my head slightly and pull him in for a hug. "See you on Monday." I smile awkwardly and turn around.

"Bye." He waves. Thank god it's over. I guess this date wasn't such a good idea after all.

~

"Hey how was your date?" Garret greets me when I walk in. It's only a little after 9:30 but I'm exhausted.

"Awful." I reply honestly. "That was probably the most awkward thing I've ever done in my entire life."

"So I'm guessing your not planning on making second date arrangements any time soon?" Teala asks, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Nope." I say, popping the p.

"I'm going to change." I tell them and run upstairs. I put back on my Pierce the Veil shirt and some sweatpants, remove my makeup and throw my hair up into a messy bun. I pick up my phone, sit on my bed and dial Danny's number.

Butterflies arise in my stomach and excitement rushes through my whole body.

The line is busy.

I slowly lower my phone in disappointment. Maybe I'll try calling him again in a few minutes.

~

TEALAS POV

When Macie goes upstairs, Garret whips out his phone and dials Danny's number. He told me everything Danny said and it's probably the most adorable thing I've ever heard.

"Hello?" Danny's voice sounds through the speaker phone.

"The date went awful!" Garret exclaims. I laugh at how happy he is that the date was a flop. I hear a sigh of relief come from the other end. "Are you posting it yet?"

"Ya in a minute. I just gotta get everything together." Danny says, his voice filled with pure happiness. For the past few days, Danny's been working on a video to post on his channel as a way of asking Macie out. Of course the video is all put together in a way so that only Macie will understand what he means, and I think that's the upmost adorable and sweetest thing I've ever heard.

"K. Text me when it's uploaded and I'll get her to watch it." Garret smiles. This is so cute what Garret is doing for his sister and Danny. "I..."

"Have you guys seen my retainer?" Macie asks as she walks into the room. We both go silent and Garret hangs up the phone.