Chapter 59

DANNYS POV

My hand moves to her cheek, softly cupping her pretty face. Is this actually happening? She stands up taller and presses her mouth to mine. My entire body gets the greatest feeling of relief as her tongue brushes across my bottom lip. I love her so much.

~

MACIES POV

Danny's hand holds my cheek and before I know it, I connect my mouth with his. The same fireworks from the last time we kissed are still as vivid and real as ever. I don't know what ever made me think I could live without this boy?

"I love you Mace." He whispers into my mouth. I don't even feel the need to hesitate before saying the words back.

"I love you Danny." I back up and fall back onto the bed so he's lying on top of me. He removes his mouth from mine and makes his way down to my collar bone, kissing every second. I feel his teeth nip at the skin and moan softly. "Danny..." He stands up quickly, leaving me desperate for his touch. "What're you doing?"

"Hold on..." Danny hurriedly rummages through the small drawer in my nightstand. "Ah-hah!" He exclaims, pulling out a small silver packet.

"Turn off the light." I tell him, pulling his shirt off my body. He does so and quickly returns to the bed. He helps me to remove my shorts and does the same with his. I can't help the soft moan that escapes my lips when he makes contact. His careful hands are perched at my sides, my nails digging into his back.

"I never want to lose you again Mace." Danny whispers between kisses.

"You won't." I reply, dragging my nails down his spine. I realize now why for the past few months I've felt so lost, so confused. It's because I didn't have Danny here with me like the way things are supposed to be. I was missing one of the most important pieces to my puzzle. The boy of my dreams.

Danny rolls off of me and lays by my side, both of us sweating and out of breath. He disposes of the rubber in the garbage can next to my bed and turns back, planting a kiss on my forehead. I rest my head on his chest and smile as he draws soft circles with his finger on my lower back. This is how things were always supposed to be.

"So, you wanna tell me what happened between you and that motherfucker?"

"You mean Drew?" I laugh.

"Ya, same thing."

"Well, he tried to have sex with me and then he got really pissed, so I left."

"That means I can break his fucking face, right?"

"Nah, leave him out of this. He doesn't matter anymore." I move my hand across Danny's stomach and hug him close.

"Wait, just to clarify, you said no, correct?"

"Of course I said no. Danny you're the only person I've ever, you know..."

"Actually?" He asks. I shouldn't have told him that, now I sound dumb.

"I shouldn't have said that." I lift my head and look at him worriedly.

"No, that's really cute. Me too. I mean... You too. I..."

"Just shut up and kiss me." I giggle, leaning down to him. I don't know at what point I fall asleep, but I do know that I couldn't be happier than where I am, in Danny's arms.

...

I wake up from the bright light pooling in through my window and the obnoxious sound of birds that won't shut up. The memories of last night flood my mind and I roll over to find the bed empty. I plug in my phone that I never charged last night and pull on Danny's tee shirt, then knock on the closed bathroom door, hoping he's in there.