Chapter 92

DANNYS POV

"So what is so important that we needed to walk for literally five minutes before you can even say a word?" Paul laughs at me and stops walking. I guess we have been walking for quite a while. I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to tell him.

"Okay, well. Um... The thing is..."

"Just spit it out."

"Right. Okay, so... Um..."

"Danny, stop stuttering. I'm your best friend, just tell me."

"Yes, I know. I'm just not sure how to say this without sounding crazy."

"I'm not going to judge you. Just tell me. I'm sure whatever you're about to say isn't as bad as you think it-"

"I want to..."

~

MACIES POV

"Is there a bathroom around here?" I ask.

"Yeah, it's over there. Want me to come with?" Teala offers.

"Sure."

"Okay, what is with girls always having to go to the bathroom together?" Tyde shakes his head and throws another handful of sand on top of our 'sandcastle'.

"In case one of us falls in. Duh."

"Reasonable." He nods.

"Be right back." I dust off my hands and slip on my flip flops. Teala follows shortly behind me. I slow down slightly so we're side by side and check to make sure we're far enough away from the group to start talking.

"So how are you liking the squad?"

"I like them a lot actually. Especially Luke, he's really funny."

"Charming, really." We both laugh.

"Hey, so like... Does Danny seem a little bit weird to you?" I whisper as though some stranger is going to hear me and tell Danny what I'm saying.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean like the 'private matter' him and Paul had to leave the group to discuss."

"I guess so, yeah. He has been acting a little bit off."

"Right? Earlier when we first got to the apartment, Danny and I were kissing in his room, and he completely just blew me off."

"So that's why you needed 20 minutes to get ready." Teala wiggles her eyebrow and nudges me with her shoulder.

"Seriously though, since when do guys turn down sex?"

"Wow..." Teala scratches her chin. "Something must be really wrong."

"Right!" I throw my hands up. "I don't know if it's something that I did or if he for some reason regrets bringing me to LA or-"

"He's probably just excited that you're here and doesn't want to cash everything in on the first day."

"I guess."

"Okay but for real, you haven't even had enough time to do anything wrong and Danny's literally been talking about you coming to LA since we moved here."