Chapter 3

Before I even know what's going on, the bell rings and period one comes to an end. I grab my backpack and get ready to leave but not before a hand grabs my wrist.

"You can't avoid giving me your number forever." Danny jokingly speaks, lifting an eyebrow. I smile and we exchange numbers. I save him in my phone as 'Danny⚓️' and he saves me as 'MaceCar🚗'.

"I should probably get going. Second periods about to start." I say nervously.

"Ya same." He picks up his bag as I walk away. "Text me!" He adds as I head out the door.

I arrive at my period 2 pre-calculus. I don't have Danny or Garret in this class so looks like I'm going to have to make some new friends.

I sit down at a desk in the back row and before long, a girl with short dirty blonde hair and soft light blue eyes, sits in the desk to my right.

"Hey!" I decide to speak up. I'm usually not one to strike up a conversation, but I'd rather not have to go the entire period alone.

"Hi!" She replies. Her voice is soft and kind.

"Are you new here?" I ask.

"Ya. How about you?"

"Same."

"Well I'm glad I'm not the only one." She sighs with relief and stretches a smile across her pretty face. "I'm Teala."

"I'm Macie." She reaches out her hand and I shake it. We talk for a few minutes until I get cut off mid sentence when a boy with dark brown hair and green eyes walks by and knocks my binder off my desk.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." He apologizes as he bends down to pick it up.

"It's okay. Thanks." I say after he gently places my binder back on the desk.

"Is anyone sitting here?" He asks pointing to the desk on my left.

"No, go right ahead." I tell him.

"Thanks. I'm Paul by the way."

"I'm Macie and this is Teala." I gesture towards my new friend.

"I haven't seen you around before. Are you guys new?"

"Ya." We speak in sync. The bell rings and the teacher stands up to introduce herself.

"Hello I'm Miss Laney!" We then go around the class and tell our names and our favorite food. When we get to the back row, Paul is the first to talk.

"Hi I'm Paul and I like Nutella." He smiles sweetly at the end of his short introduction and looks at me.

"Hey, I'm Macie my favorite food is pizza." I shift my attention towards Teala.

"Hello! I'm Teala and I love pancakes!"

2 other people go but my attention has been drawn to my phone because I got a text from Danny. I sneakily place it it my lap and read the text.

From: Danny⚓️
I told you to text me. I didn't want to be the one to awkwardly text first...😑

I smile and quickly reply.

To: Danny⚓️
Lol sucks to be you;)

I put my phone away right as the bell rings signifying the end of second period.

"See you tomorrow class!" Miss Laney exclaims as everyone grabs their bags.

"Wait Teala! I need your number girl!"

"Why of course!" Teala spits back just as sassily as we exchanged numbers.

"Don't worry, I didn't forget about you Paul." I smirk, turning to face him and he pulls out his phone. I save him as 'ThatNutellaBoy'.