Chapter 7

"DANNY TRIED TO KISS YOU?!" Garret yells in disbelief, before I even get to the part about Paul.

"That was right before you walked in."

"Well it's a good thing that I stopped it in time." He laughs, but I stay quiet. "Did you, uh..." He pauses mid sentence to think about what he's going to say. "Did you want to kiss him?"

"I don't know." I answer truthfully. "But hold on let me finish the story." I explain about Paul walking in when me and Danny were in my room, and about how Paul kissed my head before he left.

"Damn girl you work fast." Garret snaps his fingers and I laugh at how feminine he acts sometimes. "Now the million dollar question is... Which one of them do you like?"

"What...?" Is the only word that I can manage to say at the moment.

"Well it's pretty obvious they're both into you, so it's up to you to decide who you like."

"I don't have to like anyone!" I feel myself slowly becoming more and more agitated as the conversation goes on. Blood rushes to my face, and I know that Garret can tell how frustrated I am.

"I never said you had to like anyone, but..."

"But you were implying it!" I cut him off. My hands begin to tremble with anger.

"No Macie it's not like that!" He apologizes. I suddenly realize that I'm getting mad at my brother for no reason. He's only trying to help, and here I am, yelling at him for trying to be a good brother.

"I... I'm sorry Garret." I mutter. I feel my eyes tear up. I don't want to cry, but my eyes betray me as a single year runs down the side of my face. I give up on trying to resist and don't hold anything back. I'm shouldn't be afraid to cry in front of my best friend, who's been with me through everything. I feel Garrets muscular arms wrap around my fragile body and pull me into a warm hug. I take the opportunity and cry into his chest. I hate being so emotional.

"It's okay Mace." He replies calmly as he rubs my back. He just called me Mace. That's Danny's nickname for me. I can't help but cry even harder.

"It's getting pretty late, do you want to sleep in here with me?" He asks sympathetically and I nod. It's not like it's going to be awkward sharing a bed with my twin brother. We've already had to share a womb.

"Goodnight." Garret says as he turns off the light and crawls under the covers with me. I cuddle into his chest and he wraps his arms around me.

"Goodnight." I reply and kiss him on the cheek before feeling myself being slowly pulled into a deep sleep.

~

"Macie wake up." I open my eyes to see Garret shaking me awake. "I brought you a bowl of cereal." He smiles as he hands me a dish. The bowl feels cold against my warm hands.

"Thanks." I reply. I'm so glad I have someone like Garret in my life. We both sit on his bed and eat in silence. He grabs my dish when I finish and stands up.

"Go get dressed." He tells me. I obey and head to my room. I'm not in the mood to look good today. I end up wearing a pair of loose, light blue shorts and an oversized Sleeping with Sirens t-shirt. Comfy but cute. I re-do my messy bun, apply some mascara and a thin line of eyeliner, and brush my teeth.

"Macie!" Garret calls from downstairs. I run a Chapstick across my lips quickly and sprint out of my bathroom.

"Coming!" I quickly grab my bag and phone, which I have been neglecting to check since the events of last night. I unlock it to see 7 texts. 1 from Paul and 6 from Danny.