Chapter 18

DANNYS POV

"Dude! What the fuck? We're on the same team!" Paul shouts at Garret as he continually shoots him during COD. "You just shot me in the butt!"

"Lol, you've got a holy ass." Garret laughs at his own joke and I can't help but laugh as well. The time runs out on the clock and my team wins.

"NO! GARRET THIS IT YOUR FAULT! YOU'VE CAUSED THIS FAILURE!" Paul yells and pouts like a child.

"Nah, it's probably just because I got sick virtual shooting skills." I nod my head and flip my hair with my hand.

"Wanna go anther round or just chill for a bit?" Garret sets down his controller and grabs a handful of popcorn.

"Let's chill for a bit. Things got pretty intense last round." I look at Paul and he rolls his eyes at me.

"Ya, that's because Garret's a fucking goof!"

"HEY! I am the twin brother of whom your best friend is dating the sister of! You have no right to speak to me that way!" Garret acts offended and crosses his arms.

"Speaking of which, how are things with the sister of my best friends, brothers... How's it going with Macie?" He confuses himself in the process of asking the question. I feel like it's weird talking about my relationship in front of Garret because after all, I am dating his sister, twin sister at that. Then again, Garret is one of my best friends so I should be able to talk to him without things getting awkward.

"Really good actually. How about you guys? Got wheels for anyone?" I try to divert the conversation from myself, but Garret won't have it.

"No, no, no! We're not changing the subject just yet." I can't help but laugh at his reaction. "Why were you guys gone for so long at midnight?"

"She didn't wanna kiss in front of people so we went to her room." I tell the truth. It's not all of the truth, but it's not lying either.

"Suuuuure." Garret rolls up his sleeves and leans back on his arms. "Did you..."

"Hey!" Teala interrupts Garrets question when her and Mace walk out of the sound booth. I'm thankful though, because now I hopefully won't have to talk about what happened after that. Macie comes and sits cross legged on the floor between Garret and I.

"I think I heard mom calling us. We should go see what she wants." Garret tells Macie.

"I didn't hear anything..." She looks confused. I didn't hear anything either.

"Oh. Well let's go check just to make sure." He stands up and grabs Macies hand to help her to her feet. They walk up the stairs and I wait until they're gone so I can tell Paul and I guess Teala as well.

"You and Macie fucked?!" Paul asks with wide eyes. Teala sits innocently beside him, so I assume that means Macie already told her and she took the time in which Garret took Macie upstairs to blab about it to Paul.

"Ya, but don't make a big deal about it. I didn't want to tell Garret because I felt like that'd be weird, because like... he's her brother and stuff."

"And stuff." Teala mocks my description.

"Shut up." We all laugh and talk while we await the return of 2/5 squad.

~

MACIES POV

"Garret I swear mom didn't call us." I say when we reach the kitchen. Everyone has gone home and my parents are probably upstairs getting ready for bed.

"Ya, I know she didn't call us." He states and I push my hair out of my face. He sticks his hands in his pockets and I know he's about to ask me something personal and/or awkward. He always does this when he's unsure of how to make things sound casual.

"Uh, Garret..."

"Did you hookup with Danny?" He spits out the words that I knew he was bound to ask at some point.

"Don't call it that!" I attempt to laugh away my frustration.

"WAIT? YOU ACTUALLY DID?!" He looks more surprised than I would've expected him to be.

"What?!" Mom laughs and walks up from behind me. No! I thought she was upstairs! Things do not want to go my way right now. "Macie? And Danny?" She puts her arm around my shoulder and uses her free hand to pinch my cheek. "My little girls all grown up! Did you use a condom?"

"MOM!" I squeal and swat her hand away.

"I just want to make sure that you're being safe!" She's obviously still under the slight influence of alcohol. Garret is leaning over the counter, bursting out in laughter and I can feel my face turning red with embarrassment and frustration.

"What's Macie being safe about?" Dad asks as he casually strolls into the kitchens and opens the refrigerator to grab the milk.

"Macie had sex with her boyfriend!" Mom squeals.

"WHAT?!" He sets the milk carton back in the fridge and closes the door. "You shouldn't even know what sex is yet! You're like what... 13?" He jokes. Mom, Garret and Dad all laugh with each other at my humiliation. Why did this have to happen right now?

"Well if you're all done being mean to me, I'll head back downstairs." I turn around to go back to the basement door and Garret follows me. He still has a huge smirk stuck on his face and I want nothing more than to slap it off, but I'm not going to do that because I'm a nice sister who wouldn't make fun of her sibling for this reason.
Teala, Danny and Paul are all laying in their sleeping bags on their phones when we return. I grab my pajamas off the floor and hop over to the bathroom to change. I braid my hair, switch into a sports bra and pull an oversized tee shirt over my head. Wait... This is Danny's shirt. I can't help myself from smiling. He either forgot this here from the last time he slept over, or purposely left it here so that I would wear it. I pull the black shirt up to my face and inhale to find that it smells just like him. The pleasant scent of his cologne invades my senses and it takes me a few seconds to get back into what I was doing. I change into a pair of black spandex shorts which the shirt hangs over to make it look like I'm not wearing pants. I walk out of the bathroom, throw my clothes on the floor and climb into my sleeping bag. Danny immediately locks his phone and turns to talk to me.

"I like your shirt." He chuckles. "It kinda looks like this one shirt that I have."

"Omg you're such a loser." I smile and he pouts, trying to seem offended by my playful insult. I lean forward slightly to peck his lips and retract before anyone can notice. "Get a haircut."

"No! I like my weave the way I like my fries. Long, luscious and potato."

"What?"

"I don't know I'm tired." He smiles and rubs his eye with his fist.

"Goodnight you bunch of hooligans." Garret announces as he shuts off the light. One after the other everyone says goodnight. Once the last phone had been locked and the room is dark, Danny wraps his arm around me and I move closer to him. "Oh! And a quick rule for tonight's slumber festivities, please keep it in your pants until we're not all in the same room. Thanks." Garret proclaims and everyone laughs, including myself.

I use my hand to find Danny's face and pull his mouth to mine. He seems somewhat taken aback by the action but quickly eases into it.

"I can hear you guys making out." Paul groans. I hear Teala rustling around until the dim light of her phone appears under her blanket and music begins to play. I send her a telepathic thanks and return to Danny, while making a mental note to actually thank her later. Teala's such a great friend, I don't even know where to start with her. She always supports me, always listens to my problems and always has my back. She's crossed the point of being just a friend and has more so become my sister. I absolutely love this little family we've created and I don't think I could ever live without it.