Chapter 6

MACIES POV

Pre-Calc goes by quicker than I expected and I find myself walking upstairs with Paul to go to homeroom, since his is in the classroom next to mine. The hallways are crowded with students, so we end up having to walk fairly close together. I don't mind much, but I just don't know is its necessary that he has his arm around my waist. I don't want to make a big deal about it though because Paul is always so nice to me and I don't want to embarrass him again or hurt his feelings.

"Uh, see you in English." He stutters and runs his fingers through his dark hair. He steps forward slightly and gives me an awkward hug.

"It's okay, I don't bite!" I giggle as I hug him back. I can't help but notice that he smells really good.

"Bye." Paul smiles shyly and walks away.

"What was that?" Garret immediately interrogates me as soon as I enter the classroom. We never do anything in homeroom, so it's basically just a time to catch up with friends. I tell Garret everything. What Danny said, what Teala said, and about how weird Paul's been acting all of the sudden.

"Aw my baby sister has 2 boys swooning over her!" Garret pinches my cheeks and I swat his hand away.

"Shut up Garret." I blush.

"You're acting like Grandma."

"Grandma from moms side or grandma from dads side?" He questions eagerly.

"Grandma from moms side."

"Eugh..." He shivers at all the memories of sore cheeks and constant nagging from Grandma Maggi.

"Danny and Paul are just friends. That's all."

~

The hours go by quickly and it's already after lunch. I head down to photography with Danny and Paul and take my normal seat in between them both at the back. Today we actually get to take pictures, so I'm pretty excited.

Cameras are assigned one camera per table. When it comes to our turn, Mrs. Walker makes sure to hand me the camera, not to Danny or Paul. That reminds me! I forgot to ask what she held them back about yesterday. We stand up and leave the room to go take some photos.

"What'd she say to you guys after class yesterday?" I ask as we walk down the hall and out the school doors to go take pictures outside.

"She basically said that if we cause any trouble in her class, we'll get suspended." Paul answers. This was probably the most confidence he's had all day whilst talking to me. We fool around a lot with the camera but also manage to snap a few good shots. Soon enough it's time to go back inside.

~

5th period was a blur. And I mean literally a blur because all we did in art class was learn proper smudging techniques. Teala and I had planned to go to the mall after school today since neither of us had been there yet. This should be an adventure.

"Oh btw, I'm going to the mall with Teala today." I tell Garret when we arrive at home.

"Oh btw, I don't care." He replies mocking my voice.

"I don't sound like that!"

"Yes you do!" I roll my eyes at him and walk upstairs. I pull out my phone to text Teala.

To: Teala💅
When do you wanna go?

She replies back instantly.

From: Teala💅
Whenever😉

To: Teala💅
Wanna meet there in 20?

From: Teala💅
Kk

As soon as I set down my phone it vibrates with a call. I expect it to be Teala but instead it's Danny.