Chapter 1

"Macie." The Starbucks worker calls as he sets my drink on the counter.

"Thanks." I reply, without hesitating to quickly grab it and leave.

I walk down the sidewalk and remember that it's Sunday. Ugh. Tomorrow's the first day back after summer break.

I put my earbuds in and play some upbeat songs to try and distract myself from the fact that school exists. The worst part about all of this is that I just moved here to Maryland from Florida and I'll have to go to a new school. I'm going to be the new girl. Again. You see, I've never actually stayed at a school for more than a year because my parents are musicians so we move around the country a lot.

I walk to the beat and pretend I'm in a music video as 'She looks so perfect' by 5sos blares through my earbuds. I silently hum to myself as I sip my drink and cross the street.

~

DANNYS POV

I can't believe summers almost over, it went by way too quickly. I don't want to go back to school. I turn up the music and continue driving down the quiet empty road, as I cringe at the thought of actually having to get up in the morning. Not only that, but I have to wake up EARLY in the morning. Even worse. My phone lights up with a text and I look down to read it.

From: Pol🐧
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. School.

I laugh and look back up, but not in time. Theres a bang and a scream as I slam on my breaks.

"OH MY GOD?! ARE YOU OKAY?!? I AM SO SORRY!!" I yell as I get out of the car and run towards a girl lying on the ground. She quickly looks up and takes her hair out of her eyes, that are filling with tears of pain.

"Uh... Ya, I guess." She whimpers.

"I'm SO sorry." I apologize again as I offer her my hand which she takes and slowly stands up.

"Thanks." She whispers.

"Are you hurt?" I ask as I push her hair back out of her eyes.

~

MACIES POV

"Are you hurt?" The boy who hit me with his car asks.

"No, don't worry about it." I say as I look up at his face, which wasn't terrible looking.

"Are you sure? I feel really bad..." A look of concern falls across his features and I can tell that he genuinely feels guilty.

"Yeah... Just a few scrapes and bruises..." My voice trails off as I look at the side of my right arm. It's beat up pretty badly. There's a lot of blood and not to mention the bruising already taking place there, as well as my right leg.

"Oh my god, I'm so so so so so sorry." He stutters.

"I'm fine don't worry." I lie. My whole side hurts like hell.

"No your not. You probably shouldn't even be standing, much less walking!" He insists as I try to limp away.

"I'm okay!" I speak in a more aggressive tone. "Now if you'll excuse me, I really need to get home."

"I'll drive you." He pleads. I look at him with a slightly creeped out expression. I mean, even if he is attractive that doesn't rule out the fact that he's still a total stranger.

"Um..."

"I'm not going to rape you or anything." He says with a confused frown. "I promise."

"Fine..." I reply, still not completely trusting him. He did just run into me, so it's mostly his driving that I'm not trusting.