Chapter 56

MACIES POV

"What the fuck Teala?!" I yell into the microphone on my earbuds. "Why'd you set me up?"

"Look Macie, I know your mad at him, and probably at me now too, but he called me yesterday basically crying and begging for me to help him. I couldn't say no."

"It's... Whatever. I'm not mad at you. I just told him the truth."

"And that would be?"

"I told him that... I like Drew..." I say the last words at barely a whisper, but I'm positive she heard them.

"What?"

"I... I like Drew, okay? I just didn't want to tell you guys 'cause I felt like you wouldn't approve."

"Macie, your my best friend. I don't care who you like, but if he tries to hurt you in a any sort of way ever again, I'm gonna drop kick the shit outta him."

"Thanks Tea. Do you wanna hang our for real this time?"

"Ya, of course! I was about to ask that."

"Wanna sleepover?"

"Sure, I'm on my way."

"Kk bye."

"Bye!" I end the call and let out a long sigh. Telling Teala everything was easy because I knew she would understand better than if I were to tell Garret. Telling Garret can wait just a bit longer. I gloomily make my way back to the house.

"I'm back. Teala's coming over." I tell the boys, who are still where I left them, as soon as I walk inside.

"Weren't you supposed to go to the park to meet up with D... Teala?"

"You knew didn't you Paul?" I laugh. I'm not going to be mad at him. I'm over being mad, that's no fun.

"Ya... Sorry Macie. I thought you guys could work things out."

"It's okay, don't worry about it." I shrug it off. Paul smiles sympathetically at me and I attempt to return the gesture. "I'm gonna be in my room. Tell Teala to come upstairs when she gets here."

"Kk." Garret nods at me. I kick off my shoes and head up the staircase and into my room. I can't help but feel slightly bad about rejecting Danny so harshly, but I couldn't play games anymore. I had to set the record straight that I don't feel the same for him as I once did.

~

GARRETS POV

I wait until I hear Macies footsteps going up the stairs before asking Paul what they were talking about.

"What was that?" I turn to him. He puts his hand on the back of his neck and sighs.

"You know how Danny and Macie had that big fight?"

"Ya." I nod. He was being an asshole and Macie told him off.

"Well he got Teala to set this whole thing up so that he could apologize to her... But it looks like she doesn't want to forgive him."

"Oh. Okay." I play it off as if this was nothing. I'm actually kinda scared for Danny. I hope he's okay. I know Macie can be kinda ruthless sometimes. A few minutes later the sound of the front door opening in heard and Teala walks into the living room, pajamas and all.

"Hey!" She waves cheerfully. She walks over and kisses Paul on the cheek after taking off her shoes. "Wheres Macie?"

"Upstairs." I point to the ceiling.

"K thanks. See y'all later!" She smiles and turns her back, heading out of the living room.

"Do you think we should call Danny? You know, to see is he's alright?" I suggest.

"Ya probably." Paul pulls out his phone and unlocks it to dial Danny's number and putting it on speaker. The ringing seems endless until there finally an answer.

"Hello?" Danny's hoarse voice speaks. He sounds miserable.

"Hey Danny. Garret's here with me."

"Hey Garret."

"Hey." I rest my chin on my fist.

"How're you doing?"

"Fucking terrible." He comes straight out with the truth, tears audible in his voice.

"What happened?" Paul asks.

"I told her I was sorry, she said she was too, then she said 'too much has happened between us for us to be just friends'." He mocks my sisters voice. "I said we could be more then friends and she said she didn't even want to be friends."

"Damn, I'm really sorry man..." Paul runs his hand over his face.

"She's going out with Drew now."

"What?" My mind instantly focuses on nothing other than the words that just escaped from Danny's mouth.

"Well, they're not dating yet, but she said she's gonna go on a date with him."

"No she's not." I push my fist into the couch cushion. What the hell does she think she's doing?

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I'm not going to let that fucking happen. I can't help if she wants to be friends with him, but I'm not gonna just stand by and let her date the fucking goof."

"She never told me when they were going out, she just said they were going to."

"Ya, over my dead body. MACIE!!" I shout, rising from the couch and staring to walk up the stairs. I step onto the second floor as the door to my sisters room swings open. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"What...?" She looks confused. Teala pokes her head out of the doorway and we make eye contact.

"Teala, can you go downstairs for a sec. I wanna talk to Macie in private real quick."

"Uh, ya. Of course." She starts to leave, but Macie grabs her arm.

"No, stay." Macie mumbles.

"Macie let her go downstairs. I really need to talk to you." They look at each other, sending mental messages that I can't understand before Macie let's go and Teala tiptoes downstairs. I follow Macie into her room and close the door behind us.

"Why are you so mad?" She looks frightened and sits on her bed, but I remain standing.

"What makes you think you can date Drew?" Her expression comeplty changes from scared to annoyed and angered.

"I can do whatever I want. Garret I'm eighteen."

"Ya but know what? I don't give a shit 'cause you're not dating him."

"Oh ya?" She grabs her phone and does something on it, then holds it up to her hear.

"Macie, I swear if you-"

"Hey Drew!"

"Give me the phone right now."

"Ya, so remember when you asked me out and I said no? Well, I actually changed my mind." I lunge at her in an attempt to confiscate her phone, but she dodges around me and scurries into the bathroom, locking the door. I bang against the wood, trying to get her to open it, knowing fully well she's not going to do said task. "Tomorrow? Sounds good! I'll meet you there at seven. Bye!" The lock clicks and I throw the door open.

"You did not just do that."

"Oh, but I did."

"Whatever Macie. I'm done trying to help you. Don't come to me when he fucks up your life again."