CHAPTER 19 : Happy Ending

(Y/N)'s point of view

  As we wordlessly viewed the attraction being consumed by the hellish blaze, its flimsy ceiling was slowly cracking, almost giving up. Michael stood next to me while we were holding hands, at a few feet away from the white-hot flames as they were gliding like silk veils in the breeze in a graceful oriental-like dance : The whole attraction was engulfed by the fire.

  - "Do you think he's dead... ?" My boyfriend broke the unsilent taciturnity. I was about to answer his question when the building's heavy ceiling didn't bear the situation anymore : With loud cracking sounds, it collapsed, piece by piece, while it crashed with a horrible sound, not leaving a single chance to survive to whoever could still be in the attraction.
  I whipped my head around to face Michael and agreed. 

  - "Yeah, I think he is now." Michael nodded.
  It was a cold night, but the warmth that was irradiating from the harmful fire wrapped itself around me, creating a heated envelope, even though I still could sense the chilly atmosphere on my back. The sensation was agreeable. My stained garments were no longer soggy with propellant since it rather fastly dried, only leaving some stains and a putrid scent as well. The gash on my forehead and my burnt skin stung, yet I bore it.
  The burning attraction's walls began to be eroded while the big and red neon letters forming the name "FAZBEAR'S FRIGHT" began to fall backward as the last piece of darkened ceiling supporting them collapsed like the larger part of it a few moments ago. The letters fell into the burning abyss, making a very powerful crashing and rattling sound at the impact. Some portions of the concrete walls tumbled massively on the ground.
  After some minutes, the flames ran out, growing weaker and weaker as the shaded and foul-smelling smoke was floating in the starry sky, covering the lustrous and heavenly pulsars. Only a couple of minutes was enough for the fire to fade. 

  - "Do you want to inspect it ?" Michael suggested as he brushed the back of my (S/C) hand with his greenish pollex. I weakly nodded as we started to wander. We entered the blackened attraction, the somewhat molten and metallic door's joints squeaking as if it was crying. We opened it and stepped into the fallen building as my eyes slightly widened : The office was unrecognizable. The floor and walls were darkened with oily soot, the oak desk collapsed on the floor, burnt, the cooler and the black phone were burnt and lightly molten, but this was nothing compared to the rest of the now decayed building. The box containing the animatronics synthetic shells turned into ashes, leaving the shells and the multiple plastic items molten and misshapen. The dismantled bear suit and the large window's glass were both covered with a thick coat of soot. The paper plates character were incinerated too, some of the artwork luckily stayed almost intact. Embers were circumnavigating us and flitted in the air among the dust like burning and glimmering lightning bugs. Some small and tired flames were still living while the whole building was steaming madly.
  Michael and I walked into the ceilingless corridor, the absent roof and the holes into the walls let the fresh wind of the outside invade the burnt wreck. I saw molten pieces of plastic, barely recognizing the formerly red-brownish Jerricans. The drawings were, for the most, still pinned to the dark and tiled walls, slightly consumed. The dismembered and lavender bunny suit was holed, burnt and atrociously misshapen, thrown onto the floor as it was tangled with tarnished wires. We tried our best to step next to the bits and pieces, trying not to trip over them. The chicken head and the few formerly colorful gift boxes were in the same state.
  Michael was pacing right behind me as we eventually reached the decayed entrance. As soon as we stepped into the destroyed corridors, our tired eyes laid on the crumpled Spring Bonnie suit, not burnt but slightly steaming and stuck under a pile of fragments, remaining in a pool of cooked hemoglobin. With disgust readable on my face, I took a step forward, soon remarking the suit's left forearm on the ground, while I could discern a bloody and human forearm inside as well, which obviously was William's. Michael let out a groan as he glared at the suit where his father's corpse rested. All of it released the now familiar, metallic and obnoxious scent of blood and torn flesh. Some of William's entrails were scattered out of the suit's punctured stomach. The spring locks suit's rich green peepers were wide open as if it shared its prisoner's intense but well-deserved sufferings.