09. The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Brandon's P.O.V.

"Ok Mama now it's your turn for your gift!" I said excitedly grabbing  the little blue box from under the Christmas tree. "This one is from both Kai and I."

My mother grinned as she took the box out of my hand. I went to sit by Kai while watching her take the lid off the box.

"Oh my goodness." My mother screamed clutching her pearls holding up the two long slips in her. "Y'all got me a trip to Dominican Republic and a Caribbean Cruise?!"

"Yep." Kai cheesed knowing it was her idea in the first place. "We got tickets for Pops too."

At the mention of that my dad face lit up. I could tell he was equally excited as my mom. That concluded the end of our gift exchange or so Kai thought it did seeing as she started to pickup all the gift wrap from the floor.  I quickly gave my father the signal in which he took notice of by hopping off the couch and going to fetch her gift.

I grinned getting up off the couch to take my fiancé's hand in mine. "Baby there's one more present left."

"The Birkin bag and Saint Laurent heels wasn't it?" She asked confused. I shook my head pulling the blindfold from the pockets of my sweats.

"Turn around." I instructed. Kai did as I asked and allowed me to place the blindfold on her. I waited a moment then took her hand in mine and started to  guide her to the front door of our condo.

Once I seen my dad pull up in the driveway, I turned to a still blindfolded Kai.

"You ready?" I asked her.

"I think so." She said nervously. I chuckled and slowly removed her blindfold. I watched as Kai's eyelids fluttered open and immediately her hands went up to her mouth to scream as she took in her gift. Right in front of our condo building was a 2017 Black Porsche Cayenne and it was all for Kai.

Kai continued to scream while my dad came up to hand her the keys to her car. Tears began forming in her eyes as she ran to jump in my arms causing me to stumble back a bit before catching her.

"Thank you so much B." She whispered.

I smirked cockily knowing I had made my baby Christmas. "You welcome boo. I know you were getting tired of me driving you around all the time. Now you can the explore the city on your own."

She nodded her excitement once she pulled away from me and took in the sight of the Porsche's beauty.

"What you waiting for baby? Go give it a spin." I eagerly suggested. Kai gave me one last kiss before making a beeline for her new car. I watched from my front door smirking cockily knowing I had made my baby's Christmas.

"She keeps you on your toes doesn't she?" My pops said as he joined me in watching Kai hop into her car. She gave us a enthusiastic wave before she started the car up and pulled away.

"You have no idea." I joked with my dad turning to walk in the house. My joking mood faded as I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket, I took it out to see Shaye's contact flashing across the screen. I hadn't spoken to her since Kai had told me she was fired. I didn't quite know how to break the news to her so I dodged all her text and calls until I figured out a way too. That only made her call and text more than she used too. Rejecting her call, I told myself I would tell her first thing tomorrow morning until then I was going to enjoy Christmas with my family.