16. Valentines Day

Kai's POV 2 weeks laterValentines Day (3 days before All Star Weekend)

Kai's POV
2 weeks later
Valentines Day (3 days before All Star Weekend)

"Yes Daddy, so it's a 300 dollar security deposit plus first month's rent which totals to 2700." I explained to my dad as I made my way through the grocery store. I had just found out my application was approved for these luxury apartments I had been eyeing. If everything went well, I would be moving out of B's condo next week.

"So that's 24,300 in total for the first year." My dad responded from the other end of the line. "What about utilities and food? Shouldn't I be sending funds to cover that as well?"

"No daddy. Brandon would have a heart attack if I let you cover everything. He already hates the fact I won't let him pay the rent."

My dad chuckled. "Yeah I believe it. How are y'all anyway?"

As I grabbed the two tubs of formula off the shelve, I took a second to think about my dad's question. Over the past two weeks, things have between B & I have been pretty good. I could tell he was pretty hurt about the break up initially but after a few days we both began to realize we were best friends before we were anything else. And naturally we fell back into being just that. Friends.

I'm not going to lie, there was times where I had to check B like yesterday afternoon when we were out at the park with the twins getting ice cream. A couple of guys were eyeing me and one was bold enough to approach me while I was grabbing napkins from the truck. B had took it upon himself to get up from our picnic table and tell the guy I was "taken" in which I let him know in private that was not the case anymore.

"We're good." I said finally answering my dad.

"So you think y'all will be able to co-parent once you move out?"

"Yes." I replied honestly. "He hasn't given me any reason to think we couldn't especially over these past two weeks."

I chatted with my dad some more while making my way to check out. As I stood in long line, I took a second to glance around the grocery store hopping to find a shorter line. It was Valentine's Day so everyone was in the store trying to get last minute gifts. With being said, the chances of finding a shorter line were slim to none. Luckily I spotted one with just two customers, I quickly made my way over.

I instantly regretted it when I saw the guy I was now behind had a cart full of things. Not really wanting to switch lines again, I just told my dad I would talk to him later and got on my phone to pass time.

"Hey." I heard someone say. I looked up to see the guy in front of me was now facing me. "You can go in front of me, I'm waiting for my boy to get back anyway."