01. Our Love is a Sure Thing.

Brandon's P.O.V.
October 1st,2016
9:57 pm
Los Angeles, California

I was tired mentally, physically and emotionally. Just about every last muscle in my body ached.

My head popped up when I heard Coach Walton's whistle blared.

"Good job guys!" He yelled as everyone huddled around him. "The season is right around the corner and all the work you guys put in this offseason will finally pay off. Now I want all of you to get some rest. Our first preseason game is three days from now against the Kings."

Everyone nodded and scurried off. I grabbed my phone out of my duffel bag before walking out the practice facility.

These past few months have been nothing but stressful. First it was the summer league games back to back in July. Then keeping up with all my appearances for Adidas  and rookie events. On the side going shopping for the new spot I just purchased in downtown L.A. Finally on top of all of that having to clear time for my family, and making sure I flew home for all of Kai's doctor appointments.

Your mans was tired. Right now I needed a good massage. I mentally made it point to give the team's athletic trainer a call tomorrow morning.

Once I was in the car , I decided to call Kai. Hoping she was up, since it was 1 in morning in NC.

* * *
Kai's P.O.V.
1:03 am
Kinston,NC

My face was buried in my pillow when I heard my phone go off next to me. Not bothering to check the caller id, my hand reached out to answer it.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey baby." The sound of Brandon's voice cause my heart to do backflips. We just spoke this morning but it still felt like forever.

"Heey B!" I yelled, sitting up so he could hear me better. "How was practice?"

He sighed. "Same old same old. A bunch of drills, a bunch of shooting and a whole bunch of yelling. How was work?"

Since Brandon got drafted, I took a job as an assistant at my Dad's law firm. Sitting at a desk 24/7, sorting papers and scheduling appointment was pure boring. I rather be running up and down the court dribbling a ball. But I couldn't complain seeing as the pay was good.

"Boring and tiring." I replied as a yawn managed to slip out.

"Sounds like it. How's my babies?" Brandon asked sounding clearly excited.

At the mention of the twins, my hand went up to rest on my gigantic belly. Yes, I spoke correct. B and I both found out about 1 month after I announced my pregnancy. We were shocked for a bit but eventually got around to accepting the fact that we were going to have 2 kids at the age of 19 and 20. By now I was 4 months and look every bit of it. If I wasn't working, my time was usually spent on buying and grabbing things for them.

There was a pause on Brandon's end making me think the call dropped for a second.

"Listen baby girl, I been thinking." B said clearly nervous about whatever he was about to say.

"Ok?" I said eager to hear his proposal.

"I want you and the kids to move in with me." The sentence came out so quick, I could barely understand what was said.

"Wait what?"

"You heard me Kai. The season is just weeks away. I can't keep flying way across the country to see you and the twins when they're born. All of this is starting to take a toll on me."

Brandon was right. I knew at one point the trips back and forth would weigh him down. I could just hear the exhaustion in his voice when he talked about it.

I shook my head. "But what about my family here. I'm going to need someone to help out when the twins are born B. Babies aren't easy."

"I'll hire a nanny or something." B fired back.

"And my job? What you think my dad would say if I just up and leave."

B sighed. " I honestly don't know Kai. But I told you plenty of times I can provide for the four of us. You don't need a job Kai."

He was right about that one too but I also told him plenty of times living off of him is not what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.

"Brandon I don't want to be just a housewife, I want to go back to school also." I said feeling myself tense up.

"Ok, there's plenty of good schools out here. Once the twins are 18. You can go to Berkeley or even UCLA." He proposed. "Shoot who knows. Y'all go can even go to college together."

B then started cracking up at his little joke.

I felt myself getting a little heated at the idea of waiting 18 years to get back into college. "Listen B, I don't know what type of prescription drugs the doctors been giving you, but I suggest you lower the dose real quick. Either that or you must be smoking trees if you think I'm going to wait eighteen years to go back to school."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." B hurriedly said. "I just think it would be really nice to have my finance and two children out here in LA with me. It gets lonely, baby."

My hand went up to rub the side of my head. "Listen B, let me sleep on it ok? I'll even mention it to my dad early in the morning about it too."

"Okay, I love you and tell my babies I love them too." Brandon said sounding excited.

I smiled. "I love you too."

"Get some rest." Was the last thing B said before hanging up.

After going to pee, I pulled the covers back and got comfortable in bed. The smile I wore seemed almost permanent as I fell to asleep thinking of B and I's soon to be family. I had no idea Brandon wore the same smile as he settle into his California king bed thousands of miles away.

*****
Even when we're down to the wire babe
Even when it's do or die
We can do it baby simple and plain
Cause this love is a sure thing

-Miguel "Sure Thing"

* *
Hey guys! Kai and Brandon are back. So since Bryson Tiller's Overtime was the theme for the first book. Wale's The Matrimony is going to be the theme for this one, the sequel. If you haven't listened to the song, you should look it up it's a good song !! And it also a kinda preview for this book.