13. Toxic

A/N: for visual purposes, Mike is Michael B Jordan and that's all Imma say

A/N: for visual purposes, Mike is Michael B Jordan and that's all Imma say. 🤫

Kai's POV

"Cee before we go out there's something I need to tell you." I said turning to Cee who was making sure her makeup was on point.

Cee and I were in the backseat of a Uber on the way to Club X, one of the hottest clubs in LA. From what Cee told me, all the ballers, rappers and celebrities partied there whenever they were in LA.

"Ok wassup?" She asked redirecting her attention to me.

"Brandon and I broke up."  I confessed.

Cee smacked her lips. "Girl, I already knew."

"How?"

"Well for one, I haven't see your engagement ring on your hand all day." Cee started to explain, "Two, when we left out earlier you guys didn't say a word to each other. Not even a kiss goodbye or a wave. Lastly, when he was blowing up your phone earlier I peeped his contact name is just Brandon. Not a single emoji."

Wow, I forgot how observant Cee could be. She used to kill me with that back in college.

"What happened though?" Cee asked with a look of concern on her face. "And why am I just now finding out?"

"Long story short, he's just a liar." I told her before going into further detail about what's been happening since I move out to LA and what went down on Christmas Day. By the time I was done, Cee's mouth was agape.

"Are you serious Kai?" Cee asked in disbelief "He put you through all that while you was pregnant?"

"Yup." I answered simply.

"Ben would never." Cee said more to herself than to me which caused me to cut my eyes at her. I knew she wanted me to be with Ben back in college, but I felt like her comment just wasn't appropriate.

"But on the real though, Kai. Fuck all that. It's your first night without the twins, let's go have some fun." Cee remarked once we pulled up to the club.

I unbuckled my seat belt and got out the car behind her intending to do just that.

-

The music boomed throughout the packed club. It seemed like the whole LA was in here. Looking out at the hundreds of bodies on dance floor, I was grateful Cee's brother, Craig, had secured us an section because being in those sea of bodies would've definitely made me walk right back out.

"Kai come take another shot!" Cee yelled over the music already pouring Ciroc in the cup. I complied and took the cup out of her hands. The both of us toasted before taking the shot.

By now, I had lost count of how many shots I took tonight but I was definitely feeling them probably a little too much. I took a seat on one of our section's couches.