15. Let Me Go

Brandon's POVthe next morning

Brandon's POV
the next morning.

My legs felt like jelly as I hopped out of my Range and entered my condo. I had just came from an early morning practice and to say it was rough would be an understatement. For starters, I had a mean headache from all the drinking I did last night. Not only that but I was dead tired from everything that went down last night. After having to practice through all that, I was just ready to shower and lay down. I threw my duffel bag down, and walked into the bedroom Kai and I shared.

Kai stood with her back facing me as she rambled through her purse. I noticed she was dressed in some black yoga pants and a black crop jacket to match with her hair pulled up into a messy bun . For someone who just had twins a month ago, Kai sure didn't look it. It seem like the weight just fell off. The only thing that did change was her butt. She was already blessed pre-pregnancy, but the twins had her butt on some BBL type stuff.

"Where you going?" I asked her causing her to jumped and drop everything she was holding. I laughed a little as I came over to help her pick up the contents of her purse. "My bad, I didn't mean to scare you."

"You good, I just didn't hear the front door open so you caught me off guard." She responded closing her purse. "And I'm going to go meet up with Cee. We're going to do some yoga then grab a bite to eat."

"Oh ok well fun." I smiled.

"Thank you." She said retuning my smile. "Oh and I just fed and put the twins down for their first nap of the day. I also pre-made some bottles for you. They're on the first shelve in the fridge. Cynthia won't be back until later this afternoon so it's pretty much you and twins until then"

I noded taking in all the information as I gathered my towel and washcloth.  "Ok got it babe."

"I'll try to be back in 2 hours to relive you though."

I shook my head. Before the club last night, Kai barely gotten anytime out to herself so I knew she needed it. "No babe, go have fun. The twins and I will be okay, I promise. Plus the boys are coming over later so I'll have some extra hands."

Kai laughed before shooting me a playful glare. "Yeah ok. D'Angelo and Jordan probably wouldn't know how to care for a baby."

I smiled slyly. "Probably not. But I can always teach them."

"Well okay. I'm going to head out." Kai said grabbing her keys off the nightstand and coming over to give me a hug. "Have fun with the twins."

I wrapped my hands around Kai's waist and gave her a small peck on the lips. "I will. Enjoy your day with Cee."

I watch as the mother of my children made her way downstairs and out of the house. After she was gone, I took off my hoodie and was about to make my way into the bathroom when I heard something start vibrating.

I turned to the see the sound was coming from Kai's phone which happened to be peeking under our bed.

Damn she forgot it. I thought to myself as I picked it up. Without thinking I looked down at her phone's notifications. She had two missed calls from Cee and a text from somebody saved as "Mike 😻"