03. Nothing Else Matters

Brandon's P.O.V.
October 26,2016
The start of the NBA season.

"Goodmorning TNT, its the day we've been waiting for ! It's NBA Kia Tip Off Week. So you better get settled , we've got exclusive coverage coming to you all day leading up to the very first game of the night!"

The voice of Ernie Johnson boomed through my LA bedroom as I walked out the bathroom. Today was the start of the NBA season. First up is James Harden and the Rockets. To say I been nervous about this would be an understatement. My hands practically shook just thinking about it.

My thoughts were interrupted by the buzzing of my phone. My hand reached over to turn down the volume on the tv before answering the phone.

"Hello?" I answered

"Wassup Rook?" Dlo's loud voice came from the other line. "Do you know what today it is !"

"Yeah I know what today is D." I told him. "It's game day!"

Dlo laughed. "You aren't nervous are you ?"

"No." I scoffed, obviously lying. Although I was every bit of nervous, I couldn't let D'Angelo on to it, that boy thinks every rookie should be like him as a rook. Fearless and Relentless.

"You nervous ?" I fired back.

"Hell nah! You know who you talking to ? I got ice running through my veins."

I chuckled at his foolishness. "Yeah right."

"I'm going hit you later though. You just be right to mess them boys up on the court today. Okay ?"

"Alright."

"One." Dlo said before hanging up.

My thoughts then shifted to wonder what today was going to be like. I was scared for sure. What if I get out there and straight embarrass myself. Sure college you could say I dominated, but college ball was different from professional. Even college it took me a while to get into the swing of things. I can't imagine how the NBA is going to be.

I was so lost in my thoughts , I didn't notice the the spot where Kai once laid was now vacant. Confused I begin to call her name.

"Kai ?" I yelled. "Kai, baby? "

It wasn't until the aroma of breakfast hit me that I knew exactly where she was. I couldn't stop smiling as I walked downstairs towards the kitchen realizing my baby was in there throwing down for your boy.

-

Kai's P.O.V.

"Cee that's not what I'm saying." I said stirring the eggs as I chatted over the phone with a good friend from college. "If you don't like your twins brother's girlfriend, tell him not her."

"Well she should know too. Kai we from New Orelans. We country as hell!" Cee exaplained. " We don't got time for her California bougie ass."

I couldn't contain my laughter as I bent over in a laughing fit. "Charisma you are a mess. "

I began to chop up strawberries, grapes and oranges while the eggs, bacon and waffles were finishing up on the stove.

"Anyways girl. How's LA and wifey life going?" She questioned. "I hope it's good since you left me here all by lonesome."

I rolled my eyes. "Ceecee please. This is your last year anyway. And please stop saying wifey. We aren't married yet. I wouldn't want for you to jinx it."

"Girl boo! You know you got that boy wrapped around your little finger." Cee exclaimed.

My reply was delayed as I felt a pair of long tatted arms wrap around my waist and kisses began to be planted on my neck.