Chapter 4 - Marlinspike Hall

-~-

Marlinspike Hall
John Williams
-~-

Tintin's POV

Once Snowy and I left the library, we went straight home. There was something about that ship that I must have missed. However, when I walked in to my flat to the cupboard on which I had placed the model, I found it empty.

"Of course it's gone! How could I have been so stupid." I mumbled, walking straight back out the door again. When I shut the door to the building behind me, I ran into someone.
"I'm so sorry. Are you alright?" I asked concerned, only to see it was (Y/N). I held out my hand to help her up, but she got up by herself with a quick 'I'm fine.'

"So, where are you off to at this late hour?" I questioned. "My, my, aren't you the little stalker." She replied with a slight smirk. I could feel my cheeks getting warmer, indicating I was blushing.
"I-I'm not-" I stuttered, only for her to burst into laughter moments later. "I'm only messing with you, Tintin. It's a joke..." She said in between her laughs.

'Something about her laugh was so pleasant to hear... What?! Not now Tintin, focus!' I scolded myself in my head.

"Sorry, but we got to go." I said in a rush, Snowy right behind me. She jogged after me to catch up as (P/N) flew beside her. "Where are you going?"

"To Marlinspike Hall. My model boat was stolen from my apartment and I have a gut feeling the owner of the estate took it..." I told her as we both turned yet another street corner.

"Then it seems we both have the same destination..." She responded, determination coming from within her voice.

Your POV

I was in my own little world at the moment, trying to connect the dots. Until I smashed into something firm. Too late to control my footing, I fell. A low growl leaving my lips from the pain that was accompanied the fall. My coat now slightly wet from the little puddles scattered across the sidewalk. "I'm so sorry. Are you alright?" A male voice asked concerned. When I glanced up, I was met with Tintin's gaze. His hand held out towards me in a helping manner, but I stood up by myself. "Yes, yes, I'm fine." I sighed, rubbing the dirt off my coat and pants.

"So, where are you off to at this late hour?" He questioned. "My, my, aren't you the little stalker." I replied with a slight smirk. Because of the dimmed streetlights, I could see his cheeks getting the slightest tint of pink, indicating he was in fact blushing.
"I-I'm not-" He stuttered, only to make me burst into laughter moments later.

'I couldn't help myself! To see Tintin flustered was both adorable and hilarious at the same time! Wait, wait, wait... adorable?! Come on (Y/N), don't think like that. You've only known the guy for one bloody day!!!' I though to myself in a scolding manner.

"I'm only messing with you, Tintin. It's a joke..." I said trying to contain my laughter. I noticed Tintin stayed silent for a moment, like he was in some kind of daze before he snapped back to reality.

"Sorry, but I got to go." He said in a rush, Snowy right behind him.
I jogged after him to catch up as (P/N) flew beside me. "Where are you going?"
"Marlinspike Hall. My model boat was stolen from my apartment and I have a gut feeling the owner of the estate has something to do with it." He said as we both turned yet another street corner.