Chapter 11 - To Bagghar

Third POV

"We have to get to Bagghar ahead of Sakharine." Tintin said, he and (Y/N) rowing to the best of their abilities.

"I know. I know... Why?" Haddock said seriously, before giving Tintin and (Y/N) a confused look.
"Because he has the third model ship." Tintin replied, holding the row still for a moment to talk before resuming rowing. Haddock now looking at (Y/N), who only nodded to confirm the information was true. "How do you know?" Haddock asked, curious what else they had discovered.

The two let go of the oars for a moment. Tintin placing his hands on his knees as he took a deep breath. (Y/N) took this as a chance to pull out the brochures that were safely hidden in the hidden pocket of her boot. "The Sheik collects old ships." She started, flipping to the certain page with the Unicorn model. "And this, is the prize of his collection." (Y/N) explained, tapping the page as she handed it over to Haddock.

"Blistering blue barnacles, that is the Unicorn!" Captain Haddock exclaimed in delight. "Captain, do you see the distortion round the model?" Tintin questioned, his finger circling around the picture. "Aye." The Captain replied. "It means that Ben Salaad exhibits the ship in a bulletproof glass case in his palace..." (Y/N) said. Haddock finishing the young woman's sentence, "And Sakharine is going there to steal it!"

"Yes, he has a secret weapon. The Milanese Nightingale. But that won't be enough to solve the mystery that is why Sakharine needs you... That's why he made you his prisoner." Tintin explained. There is a moment of silence, Haddock clearly needing some time to process the information.
"Apparently, that is something he needs you to remember." (Y/N) said, pointing her finger towards the captain. "I don't follow you." Captain Haddock said confused, holding the brochure in his hands as he look from (Y/N) to Tintin and vice versa.

The two sighed. "We read it in a book." (Y/N) sighed as she and Tintin sat back down. "Only a true Haddock can discover the secret of the Unicorn."

Your POV

A moment later, a smile started to appear on Haddock's face. Some hope began to grow inside of me. Maybe he remembered something that could help out to discover the secret. "I don't remember anything about anything." Haddock said. Well, I had hoped to soon...

"But you must know about your ancestors. Sir Francis. It's your family legacy?!" Tintin tried once more, hoping it would trigger some kind of memory. "My memory is not what it used to be." Haddock sighed if not what ashamed. "W-well, then what did it used to be?" Tintin tried once more.

"I've forgotten." Haddock replied.

Snowy whined, putting his head down between his paws. (P/N) sat on my knee as I rubbed my forehead, unsure on what to do next.
"Captain..." Tintin beside me asked, which made me look up. "Can you get us to Bagghar?"

"What sort of a stupid question is that?" Haddock asked, like we had offended him. "Give me those oars! Lad, Lassie, I'll show you some real seamanship." He said, standing up which caused the boat to tilt from one side to the other. He took the oars, placing them on the outer grips. It was slightly difficult to hold my balance. With Haddock leaning the boat to the left and Tintin already trying to steady himself there aswell.

"Captain, calm down." I said, trying to remain balanced. But it seemed like gravity wasn't on my side. It was only seconds until I felt myself falling over to that side too.
I prepared myself to grab onto the side of the boat, only for my hands to end up on Tintin's shoulders. My face now probably as red as an apple. "S-sorry." I mumbled embarrassed, trying to grab onto the other side of the boat before it would tumble over.

And to create some space.

All while Haddock kept on complaining. "I'll not be doubted by some pipsqueak tuft of ginger and his irritating dog! Neither by a (H/C) missy and her chirping plush of feathers."
I was about to comment on that only to duck out of the way from an oncoming oar. A 'bang' echoed behind me, what could only imply that Tintin's head had come in contact with the oar instead. I turned around to find him unconscious. His head resting on the side of the boat as his arm hang overboard. His fingertips hanging in the water.
I was about to check on him, to see if he was alright. Only for something hard to smash in the back of my head instead.

'Curses, not again...' I though as my vision became speckled in black dots. I managed to turn myself around. Haddock's figure now nothing more than a blur, before I fell backwards. My head landed against Tintin's shoulder and after that I had completely blacked out.

Haddock's POV

"I am the master and commander of the seas!" I said, placing the last of the oars in their right position. I plopped down on the bench, "I know these waters better than the warts on my mother's face!", I grabbed hold of the outer ends of the oars as the boat began to move again.

I looked ahead and noticed that Tintin and (Y/N) were laying down with their eyes shut. The same for Snowy as he lay on his back, his littl' paws in the air. "Look at them all. Fast asleep." I said to myself.
"Typical landlubbers. Aye, no stamina these days. Never mind. I'll get you there, Tintin and (Y/N). I'll get you there..."