Life Hits Hard

" There's nothing that cant be fixed with some honesty.

And how it got this dark is just beyond to me."

__________RAVEN__________TW: Mentions of Abuse

When Raven woke up on a seemingly normal Thursday afternoon her brain was already rushing in a million different directions. She hunched over her journal with an annoyed expression as she listed off everything she wanted to say. This practice was something her brother had recommended after Raven had gotten into her last argument which resulted in a fight much more violent than intended. It was meant to make sure that whatever she wanted to say was what she meant to say, instead of it purely being products of her emotions at that moment. The list was beginning to take up most of the day's page as she scribbled. The sun burst through her orange curtains creating warm shades all over her bedroom. This should calm her, considering, but she was nervous. Mostly because she had never been in a situation like this before, or at least not to this extent. She had become too used to her brother just being there that whenever he wasn't it felt almost...empty as if she was missing a limb. The last time she lost her limb was last year after everyone found out about Charlie. It had been a rough couple of weeks but she understood what was wrong then. She knew he wanted that isolation as a form of self preservation but even then, he never locked his door or avoided her. In fact, if her memory serves her correct, that was the most time the pair had spent together. This time around though she had no idea what was happening. She had nothing to blame for her brother's obvious avoidance. If she was counting correctly it was coming up on two weeks now. Two weeks of him deliberately avoiding any and all interactions not just with the group but with her. At first she had been angry and hurt but now she was growing more concerned. Odd calls at strange hours from Erik were weird to puzzle together. She mostly caught the odd end of the conversation, only being able to hear Charlie's side. But words stuck out. Words like 'I'm fine, Erik.' and 'Yes, I'm healing up nicely' or most recently 'Please, just stop worrying.'.

Raven had chalked these up to Charlie healing from being in that fight at first. But as the days passed and Raven realized that was almost three weeks ago, that likelihood was vanishing. And while she would usually just go banging on his bedroom door and rip him a new one, she could see that something was wrong. Everytime she had gone to ask him what that exactly might be Jack was always there. And if the knotted pulse in her knuckles was any consolation, she wasn't in any position to forgive Charlie's boyfriend for what he did the first time around. In fact she was still greatly confused and astonished that her brother granted the guy another chance. Allowing him to weave his toxic thread into their world. It made her almost sick to think about what lies behind those empty gray eyes. Whatever it is, Charlie seems to find it reason enough to hold on.

Raven flopped back into her bed and wiggled her hand out of a cramp. A pulse beside her head signaling a text message.

Charles Xavier Protection Society

Partner in Gay<3(Marina)

Did you talk to him yet? I'm biting my nails down to the skin over here.

Halo Baby(Angel)

Rav, babe just be gentle. We don't know what's going on and he could be teetering on something bad. Like last time.

Scarecrow with shark teeth( Erik)

Let me know what he says ASAP and if you need me to come over. Be nice and let me know if he's still wearing that dumb hoodie.

The more Evolved Summers(Darwin)

It's Charlie, if something is wrong Raven will know with one conversation. Charlie may not tell us when something is wrong but he will tell his sister. Have faith in her guys. We love you Raven