Chapter 16

(Above Taliah's outfit she wears to the trial)

Taliah's POV

Today's the day deep breaths I can do this I'm not nervous at all... "You" "AAAHHH" I screamed then I saw Kyle "aw baby I didn't mean to startle you, you look good of course I know you wish you didn't have to go believe me I don't want you to see that thing again."
I fed Shilo "hey boy I wish you could go instead of me" he just wolfed down his breakfast. I walked up to Harper's room she hugged me tight. "Tay I don't want you to go." She started to cry. "Hey it's ok Har you know I'll be right back and we can do something fun." I gently stroked her back and hugged her tight then I let her go. "You and Kiara have fun and don't drive the pack mad ok please behave. She nodded and Kyle instantly helped me up and held the door open for me I smiled at how charming he was being as I got in, put on my seat belt and he shut the door. As he got buckled into the car he held my hand and drove off to headquarters.
He opened my door I sat for a while in the car till I gained enough confidence to walk in Kyle took my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze "you'll be fine baby, you don't have to answer anything that makes you uncomfortable." It wasn't the questions I was freaked out about it was the fact I'd be looking into his eyes again. I just nodded not wanting him to know how pathetic I was being.
Once we were escorted to a big court room a cage that contained the beast was lowered to the centre of the room. He was in his beastly form snarling and shoving his claws through the bars then a guard stood with an electric prode and zapped him quiet. I looked away he was still my brother as much as it pained me to think. I sat on my seat and we waited for the council to walk in of course all were Alphas there were four more councilmen I haven't met before sit on the left of the room in black robe (kind of like graduation robes.)
"We are gathered here today to trial this bitten wolf formally known as Luke Spears. Alpha Zander spoke. "He is a newly turned bitten wolf we have yet to find his master, he has been accused of the murders of his parents and his attempt of murder on his Sisters Harper who is too young to attend our proceedings and his oldest sister Taliah Spears who is here today with her mate Alpha Kyle Darren's." As the councilman was saying this my eyes met Luke's who I was surprised shifted back to Luke, I averted my eyes I didn't want to look at my naked so-called brother.
Alpha Reynolds as he announced took the opportunity to ask Luke whilst in Human form who his master was and nodded to the guard to prode him again. "AHH YOU CAN PRODE ME ALL YOU WANT MY LOYALTY LIES WITH MY MASTER, but I will say he can't wait to meet her again." Kyle growled at him and all eyes were on me as if they thought I knew. "Alpha Reynolds " Well Miss Spears it seems you already know who is responsible for that." As he pointed to Luke. The only person I could think of was the man who kidnapped me but I never knew his name. I decided to tell them the story of my kidnapping. "I'm sorry I never knew his name, Luke I gotta know you owe me this much is Carrie still there is she alive." He huffed but answered "She's still alive and yes she's still as ugly as ever." NO NO NO I can't believe it she's still a prisoner. "I'll tell you this she still thinks of you as her hero I know it's fucked up but she wants you to have a nice life and live it for her, that's all I'm saying now kill me already get it over with." Oh no my friend I turned to leave but another guard stopped me and I was pulled into Kyles arms. "Sshh baby we'll find her I promise you'll have your best friend back again."

"Kyle Spears you are hear-by sentenced to death, what form of death will the victim choose." Not this time I can't do this now. "Come on hurry it up loser" "I choose a quick death, can I leave now." They nodded and Kyle took me by my waist and as I walked to the door BANG I stopped when I heard it and left before my tears spilled out.

Once home Shilo and Harper ran up to me I picked up Harper holding back the rest of my tears. "Is it over sis is Luke sleeping now." I couldn't speak so I just nodded and put her down again. "Baby lets go for a drink." "Sounds like what I need lead the way. (In the UK you can drink alcohol from the age 18, so Taliah can drink.) We arrive at the pub and Kyle orders us a beer and a whiskey for me.
"Ok baby talk to me I know your wanting to be with your friend again we will find her I promise but there's no way you're joining the search. Thats just what the creep will want and I'm not losing you babe." I didn't answer him he just pissed me off I've lost my parents and now my brother and when I get the hope that my friends still alive he won't take me with him. I know it sounds immature but I'm gonna give him the silent treatment until I can go with them.