Chapter 3

Rachel's (Taliah, Harper and Luke's mum) POV

My husband wakes up for work, as I make my families breakfast after I go to cut the veg for my smoothie my knife is missing I look in the sink the drawer everywhere "whatcha doing love" he notices my odd behaviour " I can't find my veg knife, I'll just use another." Daniel goes to sit down before scarfing his food as he was running late. He kisses my cheek as he puts his dishes in the dishwasher. "Oh, sweetie I didn't see you, you look tired." " I'm fine dad Harper just spent the night in my room she couldn't sleep." "Where is she now hunny I'll go check on her." "She'll be down in a minute she's getting changed Shilo's with her." "You trained a good dog he knows right from wrong I'm happy knowing my girls are safe when he's around. I gotta go sweetie." My husband then walked out the door.
I wish I could figure out why Luke was so angry all the time his father was never like that he and I grew up together we were neighbours when we were kids. Then my little ray of sunshine came down although she didn't seem her perky self. "Harper tell mummy why you couldn't sleep. It'll make you feel better to talk about it." Odd she looked at Taliah for reassurance, when Taliah nodded she said. "I was up cause my throat (pointing to her throat) was sore I went to get water when I was nearly at the end of the stairs Luke pushed me hard into the banister I cried he told me to shut up, and that I was a worm. Then Shilo growled and jumped on him. HE DIDN'T BITE HIM I SWEAR!" "Honey it's ok we're not going to put Shilo down he didn't hurt him. Aww baby come here" I sat her on my knee and rocked her. "It's a good thing Shilo was there and you went to your sister. Well what do you girls plan to do today I know your off for the spring break Taliah."
"We're going to take Shilo to the beach for a run then go up to see the horses, wanna come with so you don't need to stay alone with Luke." Crap she knew I was frightened of my own boy. "No Honey I think Luke is going out anyway not that he told me anything. I'm going to see a friend her sister died and I wanted to be there for her."
"Oh I'm sorry which friend mum." "Alba, her sister Nicole died last night she was rushed to the hospital she was a stab victim and as a result didn't make it."

My girls went to feed Shilo who growled when Luke came down. "Luke what is this I hear of you pushing your sister into the banister." "Look who's a little snitch" he sneered at Harper who hid behind Taliah. "You lay a finger on my sister again Luke and you're gonna PAY for it." Taliah was furious with him. As he shrugged and ordered his breakfast. "Do I look like a servant Luke as your punishment for hurting your little sister you will make your own breakfast today, until you learn to respect your family members." I never thought I could be so brave, his eyes widened in surprise I guess seeing my daughter stand up to him gave me the courage, my brave girls. I kissed my children on their heads of course Luke pushed me slightly before I tried to kiss him, teenagers I guess and I left for my friends house.