Chapter 4

Taliaha's POV

I put my hair in fancy low bun and did Harper's princess crown braid. I put her riding boots and helmet in the car along with mine we decided to be like twins my sister loves playing dress up and wanted to dress like me. It was a warm day and we wouldn't be riding for over an hour we were headed to the beach first, so I wore a red tank top with ripped light blue denim shorts Harper found almost an identical outfit and I wore my flip flops but for driving I through on my old trainers.
After we knew Shilo was finished his breakfast I put on his harness and waist lead that had a bungy style lead for jogging. I knew I wasn't jogging with my little sister but I need my hands free. I strapped my sister in her booster car seat at the back and then Shilo lay down on the next seat.
At the beach I smiled when Harper was singing "we're all going on a summer holiday" I changed into my flip flops. Shilo got out I told him to wait he sat waiting patiently for me to get Harper out of her chair I locked the car putting the keys in my pocket and clipped Shilo's waist lead around me and started to walk onto the beach, holding my little sisters hand the whole way. Harper was humming happily to herself I couldn't help but feel sorry for my mum's friend's sister that died this is why I couldn't be a doctor like my father wanted me to be, I couldn't deal with that side of medicine "sometimes you can't save everyone." My dad use to tell me. I was yanked out of my thoughts Literally when the lead pulled me back Shilo was on his back belly up and a tall nice looking man not really my type not that I have a type, he was probably in his 20's I'd say, blonde hair well built. He was smiling stroking Shilo. "Cool dog what breed is he?" "Belgian Malinois" "cool dogs are awesome they can always tell a nice person from a bad one. Sorry where are my manners I'm James" he put his hand out so I shook it replying "I'm Taliah, this is Harper my little sister and the adorable fur ball licking your leg is Shilo." I know don't talk to strangers but something said I could trust him with my life. We said goodbye and he went off jogging down the beach.

Kyles POV

"Hey Jimmy (James) have a nice run," before he said anything I smelt a faint but intoxicatingly beautiful scent of Jasmine and hot chocolate. "Who did you meet?" He noticed me sniffing him.  "Oh I ran and had to stroke this awesome dog he was super friendly, the owner was a I have to say quiet an attractive girl she was walking with her little sister down the beach."  "You could have just got to the girl bit already I think she's my mate." Shock was written all over his face.  "Her names Taliah then." Wow if I was a cat I'd purr at the name. I ran as fast as I could in the direction James pointed to her scent was there I traced it to the car park, then it disappeared, she must have driven away. I was so depressed and irritated that James got to meet her and I didn't even get a chance to see her.
I went back to the pack house my dad saw my slumped reaction. "What's wrong son" mum turned and looked at me concern in her eyes. "Nothing I'm just not talking to James anymore I'm going to go for a run Oscar wants out (my wolfs name.)" As I went behind a tree and stripped I shifted into my silver wolf picked up my clothes and hid them in the tree for later.
Meanwhile "what's wrong with Kyle, James." James POV
"I met this girl and her sister walking there fab dog on the beach I stroked the dog as the girl probably felt the leash pull her. She turned around and we introduced ourselves. She was wearing identical clothes with her little sister Harper it was pretty cute, her dogs name was Shilo." I was interrupted by Kyles's mum "that sounds lovely but what has it got to do with my son and why he was all doom and gloom there. "I think she was his mate. I shook her hand so some of her scent was on me when I jogged back to Kyle he didn't say anything but he smelt a scent near my hand and asked me about it, I told him I met Taliah and her sister and he went off on me a little so I pointed in the direction I saw her he ran off to find her I caught up to him having a melt down in the car park and then we were back here."
(Kyles mum) "oh my poor boy, just when he was so close but the funny thing about fate is it always comes back."

Taliah's POV

I helped Harper tack Merry-legs up for our trek in the forest after, I then proceeded to tack up Grace I helped Harper mount then I did the same. Where the Livery yard was the forest was right next to it. Suited and booted I checked Harper's helmet so it was secure and we walked down the worn path. We were having a singing competition against each other giggling away. All of a sudden the horses started to panic as I regained control of Grace, Harper on the other hand was getting scared that Merry-legs would buck I clipped a lead rope onto her bridle to correct her but she still didn't stop I quickly fastened it to my martingale as I grabbed Harper and she straddled my front. "GGGRRR" Shilo was right next to us growling and snarling back at whatever growled at us.
I can't describe the beast that came out standing on two legs but looked like a wolf an ugly wolf Shilo was barking aggressively the horses were restless and Harper was crying her eyes out. What the hell is that thing. Then I heard howling from the other side of me and saw a beautiful silver wolf with its pack run up and bite the beast as it ran away. I turned our horses and galloped back to the yard, that's enough adventure for one day.
Shilo arrived shortly after panting he's not as fast as the horses.
I dismounted and tied the horses up I went to the car and grabbed a bottled water I gave it to Harper to try and calm her. What the heck just happened that's like something you read in a fantasy book. More like nightmare I got the strangest feeling when the silver wolfs eyes met mine. That all would be well, I was safe and I felt goosebumps all over I don't understand why I feel so attracted to the wolf.

We untracked the horses, groomed them both and put them out into their pasture while I was helping Harper clean her tack, we mucked out their stables and replaced their bedding, then we washed our hands and went back to the car and drove home.