Well, that's not very nice (1K Special)

Two weeks after Logan has his 'upgrade'

For the second time, Logan woke up in a small room, zip-tied to a chair.  How cliché, he thought.  Instead of trying to break out, he stayed there.  Like an idiot.  Around 20 minutes later, the one and only Etienne Hansen, came in.

"Hello, Logan," He said in a nasal voice.

"Care to explain," Logan responded sharply.

"Ah, you see, we were told that you were trying to escape from this facility.  That doesn't please me."

"Well, it seems like you need to get some better intel, sir.  Your source is incorrect."

He growled and drew a knife.  A very familiar one at that.  With horror, Logan realized that it was Caveira's blade.  The same one he stole from her when they first met.  Ever so slowly, he pressed the tip into Logan's chest.

Groaning, he clenched his teeth and struggled to breathe properly.

"You know you're not leaving this place," Etienne said.  "At least, not alive."

He ripped the blade from it's home and forced it to find a new one in Logan's thigh.  The sickening sound it made as it entered his body was enough to make the soldier sick.  He emptied his stomach of its contents and yelled.

"Fuck you!"

The man stayed silent and twisted the blade.  The excruciating pain that came next made Logan's vision darken significantly and feel weaker than ever.

With all the strength he had left, Logan put pressure on his bonds, snapping them and brought his hands up to Hansen's throat.  Locking his fingers around the scrawny man's neck, he squeezed angrily, trying to suffocate the man or break his neck.  Out of nowhere, several gunshots rang out and another pain struck Logan in his other leg.  Someone had shot him.

He fell to the floor, releasing his grip from his rival's neck and tried to stay conscious.  Drawing a ragged breath, Logan tried to stand but was stumbled due to the new explosion-like sound and the ship rocking.  He looked around and saw two soldiers with white masks on tripping over each other and Etienne on his hands and knees, clutching his throat.  Standing up as quickly as possible, Logan made his way to the door and pushed it open where he met a familiar face.  Or rather, a few of them.

                                                          *         *         *

"Buck?" Logan asked incredulously.

He smiled calmly and pulled the Irishman into a hug.

"Hey, kid.  Let's get you home."

He quickly ended the warm reunion and passed Logan his MK1 9mm pistol.

Taking the sidearm, he allowed the Canadian to steer him to a casino-like room of the ship.

Taking his pistol back, Buck commanded, "Caveira, Doc, Smoke, get defenses ready, and prepare for a few waves."

"Taina?" Logan questioned.

He heard a quiet sob and saw a blurred shape move towards him.

"I'm here, meu amor."

He reached for her and felt her arms snake up his abdomen to meet at his back.  Before he knew it, she was hugging him and crying into his neck.

"Don't cry.  I'm here," He soothed her.

Lifting her head from his shoulder, the Brazilian woman said, "I thought you died."

Unexpectedly, Logan felt a fist in his stomach.  He wheezed softly.

"How fucking dare you leave me like that!  You pull this kind of shit again and I will-"  She blurted out.

"T-T-Taina, you may want to settle down.  He can't be blamed for being kidnapped."

"Don't tell me what to do, Gustave," Taina snapped.

She started to shake and sob again and laid down, resting her head on Logan's stomach.

"Not the time for a reunion guys.  We can hold hands and drink hot chocolate when we get back to base," Buck stated.

Taina wiped the tears from her painted face, leaving it smeared and stained.  She took a shaky breath and got up.  She dragged Logan by his shirt collar into a safe corner where Smoke placed a portable shield, protecting him.

Gunfire rang out from all angles.  Returning fire, the operators pushed forward on their attackers.

"Move him!" Doc yelled.

With his vision returning, he saw Smoke moving towards him and trying to pull him away from the commotion.  He rose and moved to a nearby window.

"Porter, get the others, I know a way out of here."

The Brit nodded and left to retrieve the others for an immediate evac.  Around 10 seconds later, the operators were rushing out, frantically trying to reload their weapons and run at the same time.

"Lifeboat's just this way."

They all ran in Logan's wake, eager to leave this place.

They found the end of the ship where Logan had blown the wall open with Brimstone and dragged the lifeboat out from the room.

The group had pushed their new chance of escape into the water and were loading supplies they found in the room into it.

"Not so fucking fast!" A voice called menacingly.

A/N: So, I know this is well over-due but I wanted to give you a good chapter without it feeling rushed.  I want to thank you guys so goddamn much for reading.  1K readers.  I never even thought I would hit this milestone.  Thank you.  I'll see you guys next time.