Hell

Logan's eyes shot open in fear.  The headache was gone.  Still confused, he looked around and saw a man watching him from outside his cell.  He was dressed in a uniform, not unlike the one the US Air Force uses. They looked at each other for a good minute or so before the male finally spoke. "So, you're one of those 'White Masks' huh?"

"Um, I guess...Who are you?"

"The name's Ryad but most people call me Jackal."

"Jackal, huh? Logan. "The others call me Void."

Jackal had realized that Logan posed no threat to him. He opened the gate and walked in, closing it behind him. Logan, sitting up, asked, "What are you doing?"

Jackal sat down at the cell's desk and looked at him before responding.

"Are you going to try and kill me, Logan?"

Baffled, he said, "No! Why would I do that? You're armed, I'm not. You are in perfect health, I'm in pain, and so far, you seem like a really good guy."

Then, Ryad had the great idea to throw all of his weapons and gear on the floor in front of Logan as if daring him to take it. Standing, he grabbed the equipment, walked over to Jackal, and placed it on the desk next to him. He walked back to his cot and sat down without a word. Jackal smiled and nodded to himself.

"Good choice kid. I'm proud of you"

"What, you're just screwing with me?"

"Not so much that as a test"

"Huh. Say, Ryad, where am I?"

"As far as I can tell you, Team Rainbow's F.O.B in the UK. The rest is classified, especially for you. There is another name though."

"And that is?"

"The other imprisoned Masks like to call it Hell."

"Cute. That'll stick."

Logan soon realized that 'Hell' wasn't merely a name for the base. The way the prisoners lived, truly was, pure Hell on Earth for them. His only light in the darkness was Jackal's visits. He came on Wednesdays and Saturdays to talk with Logan and relieve his mind of the horror movie Logan was trapped in. Until one day.