Invasion

A/N: I didn't really know how to do this because the story is getting kind of bland, I had an endpoint in mind, but I didn't know how to get there.  I haven't uploaded on my YouTube channel in a while because my clips in Premiere Pro are very grainy when I put them in the timeline.  It is what it is.  Thanks for reading. (TW for self-harm this chapter)

Once again, Logan Whitman was standing in a field of grass, nothing as far as the eye can see.  He chose a random direction, and started walking.  Still, after what felt like an eternity, there was nothing.  He felt hopeless.  There was nothing.  His dreams were just as empty as his soul.  The soldier laid on his back, and tried to forget.  Forget the horrors of his life.  Forget that he killed his own father.  Forget that he left his mother to die.  Forget that he pulled away from Taina when she needed him the most.  He closed his eyes and tried to forget.  

His eyes snapped open as Logan felt a weight slam into his back.

"GOOD MORNING!"

Logan groaned and turned his head to see who jumped on him, and of course, it was Hibana.  For the past month that he's been back, she slowly stopped acting like a mother hen and went back to her regular, playful self.

"Ow."

"Don't be a baby.  Get up, I want to get breakfast."

"What time is it?"

"Four."

"Four?!  As in morning or afternoon?"

"Morning."

He moaned in despair and wormed his way out of the bed.  He dropped to the floor with a grunt.

"Fuuuuuuuuuck."

"I'll meet you there," Yumiko remarked before skipping away.

Logan laid on the floor for a few minute before his memories started to rush in.  For the past 20 years, he'd been pushing them down and burying them but, it never worked.  He'd been reminded of everyone he's ever let down, all the ones he'd disappointed.  All the ones he left.  Logan got up before his brain could wander too far, and walked to the bathroom with his karambit knife.

Logan dressed his fresh wounds, and got dressed in jeans, a t-shirt, and a hoodie.  He stuck his knife in his pocket and put on his timbs before walking down to the cafeteria.  He found Hibana at her usual table, and sat down after he got his breakfast.

"Good morning," Yumiko sang.

"No, bad morning," her SAT counterpart, Echo, responded.

Smiling, Logan bit into a strip of bacon.

"Why's that?" He asked.

"Siu dumped me," Echo mumbled.

Hibana gasped, "She didn't!"

"Mm-hm.  She thought I was cheating on her with Grace."

"But that's not entirely why you're looking like this, is it, Masaru?" Logan noticed.

Echo sighed, "No, she broke Yokai."

"THE BITCH!" Yumiko barked.  "I'm going to go give that asslicker a piece of my mind."

She rose to her feet, searching for the Chinese woman.

"Hibana, sit down," Logan tugged on her pant leg.

"No, no, I just want to talk to her."

"Yumiko, no," Echo insisted.

The Japanese operator ignored them and walked over to where the epileptic abusing operator was sitting.  Seeing the shadow over her plate, Ying looked up from her position and saw a very angry, very short Japanese woman standing over her.