A Mission

Logan woke up groaning and yawning.  After he sat up, he looked at Taina's alarm clock and saw it was only 4:00.  Damn,  way to get a good amount of sleep, Whitman.  He got up slowly, and without waking up his adorable girlfriend, he walked to the gym, retracing his steps from last night.  Once Logan arrived, he was greeted by a dark, empty room with the octagon still in the center of the room.  He ignored it and went to do some pull-ups.  After a good twenty minutes, he moved on to the treadmill, running for 15 miles, he took a small break and did some push-ups, sit-ups, and planks.  After 3 hours of exercising, Logan took a quick shower and walked to the shooting range where he found Lion modifying his Vector.

"Hey Flament," Logan greeted.

"Whitman," The man replied.

Taking his sniper rifle, the Irishman walked towards the range and activated his panel.  His target traveled out to 100 meters away.  Logan breathed in, aimed down his scope, and fired.  Exhaling as he did, his spotter said, "Dead on newbie.  Nice shot."

He said nothing and proceeded to retract the bolt, chambering another round.

"Heart," Logan called his shot.

He pulled the trigger.  His spotter laughed and called, "Not many people can do that. Now, let's take it out a bit farther.  The man placed a new target on the panel and sent it out 500 meters.

"You wanna call that shot now?"

"I do.  Eye."

"We'll see."

Logan quickly chambered another round and fired.

He heard a small, sharp intake of breath from his spotter.  He laughed quietly.

"Think you're funny heh?  How's this?"  He pushed the target out even farther.

"How far is that?" Logan asked.

"1,000 meters, funny boy."

"Forehead."

He fired once and left, leaving the spotter gaping.

On his way to the armory, Logan met the team's designated snipers, Kali and Glaz.

"That was a nice shot comrade, not many can call their shots from that far out."

Logan smiled and left them to find his AUG.  Once he got his hands it, he walked to the simulation rooms and started it.  He was placed near a suburban house where he would have to eliminate all the enemies.  It took just under twenty minutes before he finished off the last target.

From a loudspeaker came Six's voice, "Would operators Kali, Blackbeard, Thermite, Void, and Twitch report to the briefing area."

"Damn, haven't even had my breakfast."

He walked with Kali to the Briefing room to find that everyone else was already there.

"You're being deployed," Six said.  "Now, Whitman, it is your first mission so I'm going to have Twitch and Thermite here supervise you.  Your gear has been repaired and is waiting for you in the armory."

He nodded.

Turning her attention back to the others, she declared, "You will be tasked with extracting several hostages from an overrun building in New York.  It is the rebuilt World Trade Center.  It is 126 stories tall, mind you that's over a thousand feet.  They are on the 78th floor.  Wheels up in 10.  Get moving."

As they left the room, they walked to the Armory to get supplies and weapons.  Logan quickly changed into his uniform and came back to find the other operators poring over blueprints of the building and the nearby structures.

"We plannin' somethin' or what?"

"We're trying to get the lay of the land before we go rushing in there," Thermite responded.

"I've been to New York, I can help."

"When?"

"2001, 2016, 2018."

"Wait, before or after 9/11?" Twitch inquired.

"Eh, both."

They all looked confused.

"I was there on 9/11"

"Wow.  That's freaky.  How old were you?" Kali said.

"Five," Logan said softly.

"I'm sorry, but can we get back to the plans?  We don't have all day," Blackbeard interrupted.

They all nodded and murmured in agreement and devised a plan.

"Alright, let's run through this one more time," Logan stated.  "Kali, you will be on overwatch on the south side of the building, from there, the sun won't hit your eyes and you will have a clear view of the 78th floor.  Twitch, you and Thermite will scale the building from ground floor, keep it quiet, Blackbeard and I will deploy from the roof.  Take down as many hostiles as you can quietly.  They don't want to hurt the hostages, they want money.  If they find out that we're here, they'll kill everyone and blow the damn building to bits.  We don't want that.  Got it?"

They gave consent and grabbed their weapons.  Logan grabbed his AUG and his USP and ran to the roof where he met Jager waiting at the helicopter.