Kaye is 23 years old (Korean age) and came from a Chinese-korean family. They moved to Korea a few years back and enrolled her to K*Arts. We have a few classes together and, although she is older, we clicked instantly. Maybe it was because I understood and spoke a little bit of Chinese that made her comfortable with me.

My apartment is not that far from the university, so the walk only took 5-minutes.

Standing at 168 cm, I was greeted by a giant. Well, compared to my 152 cm height, she is a giant.

"Hey Hae!" She hugged me and led me to our table.

She has black shoulder length curly hair and round brown eyes. She is absolutely gorgeous compared to my dull hazel eyes and brown hair. People would always turned to take a second glance at her.

She is popular in the university for her beauty and talent. She is actually a trainee for YG entertainment and is debuting in two weeks. Her group, Ooh La La, consists of 5 members with her being the lead vocalist.

Getting ready to stand up and order my preferred drink, Kaye stopped me.

"I already ordered your hot chocolate, so here you go," handing me a medium-sized cup.

I took the cup and thanked her. Being my best friend, she knows that I hate caffeinated drinks and loves eating sweet treats rather than savory food.

"Oh by the way, Mina unnie wanted me to tell you to come to YG with me after classes to record another demo for her."

Park Mi na or Mina is their leader and one of the producers. She has an exeptional mind when it comes to making music and often asks me to be the one that sings her demos since she's more of a rapper than a singer.

"Sure, but i might go there a little after 8 and not be able to go with you. I still need to get something at home after school." I replied.

I also make music and ask for Mina unnie's opinion on them. She used a couple of my songs on their debut album and it made me want to create more.

"Okay, no problem."

As she said that, BTS' Blood, Sweat, and Tears played through the Cafe's speakers. Kaye is obsessed with them. I also support them but not as much as Kaye.

"Ooooh. This is probably my favourite song from them." She grinned, "why don't you make a cover on this?"

Listening to it, I can possibly make a cover on this. The beat is kind of slow but perfect to what I prefer on singing.

"But, what about the rap parts? You know I can't rap," I said to her, chuckling. Jimin's angelic voice singing in the background.

My favourite from the group is Jimin. For me, there is just something different in his voice. It is so soft, almost honey-like.

"I can do them if you want," Kaye's voice interrupting my thoughts.

Kaye also knows how to rap. She discovered that talent when she shouted at me at a very fast pace. After that, she copied and executed raps from different idol groups perfectly.

Sipping on my drink, I looked at her and smiled, "You sure you got time for that? Between school and practicing, you're practically busy for the rest of the week." She rolled her eyes.

It was true. Because of their upcoming debut, she is busy practicing and studying when she has free time. This is one of the reasons why I respect idols. They sacrifice everything for their dream, even when it means getting separated from their family and loved ones.

I was actually recruited by YG even though I didn't audition on my junior year. They saw me singing in the music room of the school when they were looking for Kaye. Kaye begged me to accept the offer, but it became one of the things she couldn't make me do.

I admit, I have a great singing voice. But it was nothing special. For me, there are other persons who are more deserving of that offer. The amount of attention I might get just adds to the list of cons, thus hiding my face when doing covers.

"Nah. I can make time on Saturday. We could do it then." She said while getting up. "Let's go before we're late."

I looked at my watch and it read 11:27 a.m. Our class usually starts at 12pm and school ends at 7pm. Though we still have time since the university is only 5 minutes away, our seonsaengnim always arrives 10 minutes early.

I nodded and collected my things, "Yeah, let's go."

Humming the tune of the song, we left the coffee shop and headed to the university.

----------------------------------

Meanwhile....

No one's POV

"Yah! Kookie that was mine!" J-Hope shouted, getting the attention from other members.

Jungkook quickly devoured the meat before smiling widely at his hyung.

"Here, J-hope. You can have mine." Jin placed the meat on Hoseok's plastic bowl.

Jimin looked at them, observing what was happening and laughed.

While the other members were eating, Jimin was on the other side of the dance studio singing his parts and solo song. He was always perfecting his voice thinking it still wasn't good enough.

Deciding to eat as well, he stood up and went to the restroom to wash his hands.

BTS is currently on a lunch break. They were allowed to do what they want as long as it is within the dance studio.

As Jimin exited the restroom, he heard a familiar tune coming from Taehyung's phone.

"Hey Tae, what are you watching?" He asked.

"A cover of your solo song. An army shared this on weverse so I decided to check it out." Tae replied, showing Jimin his phone.

It displayed a video of a girl wearing a black cap playing the piano version of Lie.

"내게 말해 (Naege malhae)" the girl started singing.

V and Jimin watched in awe as her fingers moved swifty yet elegantly. Her voice portrayed the song very well. Both waited for the moment she would reveal her face, but the video ended before it happened.

The two ended up spending the rest of their lunch break watching other covers that 'HeyYoLee' did, hoping to catch a glimpse of her face to match her voice.

Unfortunately, her videos were the same as Lie. It would be a girl playing a piano or guitar, a black cap occupying her head.

Taehyung gave up in stalking her, but Jimin didn't. In fact, the girl's voice was the only thing on Jimin's mind, other than dance steps of course, for the rest of the day.

"Hyung! We have to continue practice." V called out to Jimin.

With one last look at the phone, he left it and went to the members. A determined thought of finding her stuck on his mind.

"What is hidden can always be found." He said to himself.

__________________________________

And that's it! That's chapter 1. Please leave your thoughts on the comments. Don't forget to vote! I purple you💜

 Don't forget to vote! I purple you💜