Chapter 1

LHY's POV

"And done!" I said as I clicked the upload button for my weekly Wednesday video.

Stretching my arms, I got up and went to the bathroom to get ready for the day. I took off my clothes, put them in the laundry basket, and showered.

Anyways, let me introduce myself. I'm Lee Hae Young. I'm currently 21 years old (Korean age), turning 22 this year, attending my senior year at K*Arts.

Yeah yeah, I know. How can a 21-year-old already be on her senior year? Well, it was because of my "intelligence" and "talent," as what my best friend would say, that helped me skip a couple of grade levels and attend at one of the best Universities in Seoul. I sometimes struggled on the advanced classes, but I always managed.

My parents died when I was 7 because of a car accident. It didn't have a drastic effect on me since they were always working as a lawyer and an idol, so they weren't really present in my childhood.

I was transferred to an orphanage right after their death where I lived till I was able to take care of myself. My studies weren't a problem for me. I went to a local school in Incheon and transferred to Seoul for college.

I bought an average-sized apartment with the money I inherited, and the rest I used for K*Arts. We weren't exactly rich or poor. I guess my parents worked hard to give me a comfortable life but didn't bother to spend time with me. I was always grateful for the life they had given me but wished they were there, present in my childhood. Their absence made a huge impact to who I am today.

Although I have a YouTube channel, I record my covers wearing a cap and the camera shooting downward from above me. Their death always reminds me to live life considering the feelings of the people around you, including the viewers and subscribers that I don't even know.

I often felt alone and unloved when I was younger. I think that's what made me insecure and took people's opinion seriously. You could say I'm weak but I couldn't help but feel the way my parents made me feel.

Shaking those thoughts away, I got out of the shower and blow-dried my chocolate brown hair. It was elbow-length and was a little bit wavy.

I went to my closet and chose a long sleeved white turtle neck crop top and high waisted gray plaid pants. I applied a light coat of make up, that just includes mascara, eye liner, and lip gloss, and just let my hair down.

Outfit:

I grabbed my black bag from the living room table and checked my uploading video

I grabbed my black bag from the living room table and checked my uploading video. It still needs a couple of hours so I left it there and took my books and notepad from the shelf before leaving.

Kaye Chang, my best friend, texted me earlier to meet her at a coffee shop near the University. It is 10:20 am at the moment, so we still had time before our 12pm class.