Chapter 91: Unwelcome Memories (pt 1)

Start from the beginning

"I'll cleanse your mind, test subject..."

**************Warning****************

I fell forward as the screams began to fill my mind and my tremors grew uncontrollable. Tears filled my eyes and all I could do was shake my head as I mumbled 'no'. A hand grabbed my chin and forced me to look upward, I could just make out the old marine's face as he grinned down at me before everything faded away.

......................................................................
Memories will be placed into 3rd person POV
.....................................................................

"Test subject 0791 has broken their fever." The man spoke as a machine recorded his voice over.  "The wound has began to scar over. No infection in place, they're good to continue onto the first experiment. Prior to the experiment, subject has proved they can swim. They also appear to have average hearing and eyesight, and keen sense of smell and taste. Subject can currently express negative emotion."

Mitsu didn't open her eyes as the doctor moved around. Her arm still throbbed painfully despite the man's claims that it was healing. When her mom treated her injuries they didn't continue to hurt like this, so clearly he had to be wrong. She squeezed her eyes shut, hoping that if she pretended to be asleep nothing would happen.

Her arms and legs were still being held down, so fighting wasn't an option. She just hoped sleeping would help. Perhaps she would disappear.

Even better, maybe this was just a really long nightmare. She'd wake up and run to Sayomi and she would comfort her and make her a hot chocolate. Sato and Makoto would be there, perfectly fine. Everything would be okay.

It was okay.

"After 136 failed attempts I have revised the formula based off of Caesar's blood. I'll attempt the logia SMILE again." The man stated, opening a black brief case he had placed on a counter top. "If the experiment fails, subject can face death, loss of vision, loss of feeling, inability to express negative emotions, inability to swim." He pulled out a solid black fruit which had the appearance of an apple. "Most subjects have experience death with this particular type of SMILE, 92% of failures result in death. Unlike other subjects, this is the first child that is being given the experiment."

Mitsu was pretty sure the man had mentioned death far too many times than she had wanted to hear. Ideally, she wouldn't want to hear it once. 

The heart rate monitor began to pick up Mitsu's heart that was starting to thump loudly in her ears as the doctor approached her. It picked up more once she realized the beeps she was hearing matched her heart's thumps.

The man looked at the machine in disinterest before looking back down at the child, which he was sure was squeezing her eyes shut. "Test subject 0791 is awake." He noted to the recording machine, reaching his free hand and pinching her nose close. Her eyes opened immediately and locked onto his face, fear filling her whole face as she tried to struggle. As soon as her mouth opened in panic to try and breath he shoved the fruit in her mouth and forcing her mouth shut.

Mitsu struggled harder as she tried to open her mouth back up and spit out the fruit in her mouth. It tasted good, like an apple, but there was a strange tingly feeling that went through her tongue as it sat there.

"Swallow the fruit, then you can breath again." The man ordered, waiting for a signal. "You don't want to waste a possibly good experiment." Once he was sure she had swallowed the fruit he released her and made her open her mouth to ensure it had been swallowed. "Good."

He stepped back and picked up a clipboard to begin taking notes. The heart monitor began to pick up, which the doctor made a note of with a hum.

A strangled cry left Mitsu's lips as her whole body pulsed in pain as soon as she swallowed the fruit. Her body trembled and her hands clenched as she tried to break free. Mitsu wasn't sure if she was trying to break free from the pain or from the metal restraining her.

The doctor observed her, writing on his clip board again  then looking towards the recorder as he spoke. "Test subject 0791 consumed the fruit at 10:03 am. Appears to be in pain immediately." He took note that while her heart rate was higher than normal, it was still within normal range as if she was jogging. Then he pulled out a butterfly needle and inserted it into the child's vein on her arm. The man sighed out in annoyance and used his free hand to hold her arm still as she tried to jerk her arm away from him.

"Blood sample has been taken and will be examined later." He noted, taking out the needle and applying pressure and a bandage to stop the bleeding. Turning he placed the blood sample in his case and turned off the recorder before packing up his supplies.

Another shriek ripped through Mitsu's throat, rubbing it raw. Her eyes were wide, only the whites appearing to show as tears fell from her eyes. A trail of saliva dribbled from her mouth as she was unable to stop her screams of pain. Her body was pulsating in pain. It was as if her cells were being ripped apart and merging back together.

Doctors are bad.

They put her in pain.

Doctors are bad.

Where was Shanks? Why wasn't he here? Nothing was supposed to happen.

"I'll leave you now, 0791." The man stated, turning towards the door and adjusting his coat to make sure it was still clean out of habit. "I'll be back in three hours. The others died either instantly or after a couple of hours, but do try to stay alive. Those fruits are quite expensive to make." With the comment he opened the door and left, the soft click of the lock wasn't hear over Mitsu's screams.

...................................................................

End of Chapter 91!

So... we're at the last bit of Katsu's memories. I believe there should only be one more chapter on these memories. I'm debating on adding in some 'soother' memories of maybe Katsu and the emerald pirates after she was saved to help lighten the mood a little? It would change the mood, but it might be slightly needed, given the type of memories she's receiving.I will add in another warning as well into next chapter, but it will be the same type of memories so do be careful, I don't want to trigger anyone.

Also, my medical knowledge is limited to google, so I apologize now if I state something wrong. I'm merely a chef who likes to write so please bear with me.

On another note, I've recently started a little etsy shop. I was just wondering, for idea wise, what type of characters would you guys buy on tumbler cups? I'm sure there are many that I tend to forget as I sometimes am bias and tend to do my favorite characters....

This is not edited.