Land of bad memories

Ianto didn't wake in time for breakfast the next morning. Grey and jack weren't there when he woke up. He panicked for a second before he remembered where he was. Checking his phone for the time, he sighed and made his way to the bathroom. As he emerged from the bathroom the harkness brothers burst through the door. Jack tossed him a muffin in a plastic wrapper which he just about caught as they waltzed across the room. "We're going to the pool ... you coming?" Jack questioned. Ianto froze... pool?. Grey ran off to get changed and jack approached ianto "hey you okay?". Ianto nodded "I just ... I'll come in the water but ... I know it's silly I don't like going out of my depth I ... I went under as a kid and I just..." he trailed off as he looked into jack's eyes. Jack crooked a finger under Ianto's chin, pressing a soft kiss to Ianto's lips. "Don't worry" he reassured him "you don't have to do anything you don't want". Ianto nodded, smiling softly.

The pool turned out to be great fun. Ianto still managed to follow grey out while still staying in his depth. He panicked slightly when he realised he couldn't touch the bottom but he soon felt strong arms pulling him back to the shallower end. He smiled at jack thankful that the american hadn't made it obvious. In fact, it looked and felt like a more cute coupley gesture than anything. Soon ianto retired to a sun lounger and watched the two brothers romp about in the water for a while. He liked watching jack just be a kid, not a care in the world. The american had become a little too grown up so ianto was glad to give him these moments.

They made their way up to their room to get changed before lunch. They ate a light lunch before making their way to the park again. They expected a day rather like the day before. It was... for the majority of the day at least.

It all went wrong when jack saw someone he recognised. Ianto immediately noticed something was wrong by the way jack slowed his steps sticking close to ianto. Jack hoped the group of boys wouldn't notice him... but no such luck. They approached him and ianto pulled Grey in quickly and protectively as jack stepped forward. "Look who it is... hello fag... is that your new pretty boy over there? With your brother? Not really an improvement on John is he?" The boys hissed maliciously. Jack's face was blank, unreadable. "What's wrong jack ... cat got your tongue ... what about you hand over your new conquest let us have a good look at him. Ianto thrust grey to jack as he was pulled towards the group of boys. "Hmmm definitely not an improvement... has jack told you EVERYTHING about his past... no thought not... what's wrong? Can't speak? Stupid as well as ugly?". Ianto strained a sarcastic smile "I don't talk to ignorant assholes like you" he spat struggling against their hold as jack covered greys ears distracting him with a bag of skittles while looking towards ianto worriedly. "Oooo he's English" they mocked. Ianto struggled again "I'm welsh actually" he corrected kicking one of them hard in the shin. The boy stumbled back in pain and surprise at the feisty Welshman, "Jesus" he muttered. "My names ianto but close enough" the Welshman told them through gritted teeth before he pulled away from them. Ianto smiled slightly ... the tables had turned now. He grabbed the largest of the three by the shirt, Ianto was definitely much stronger than he looked. "We're on holiday... if you do so much as look at my boyfriend... I'll do a hell of a lot more than kick his shin." He warned before letting him go.

He felt jack join his side "you really do just keep getting more and more attractive don't you" he flirted leaning his head on Ianto's shoulder. Ianto laughed and brushed him off "who were those- JACK where's grey" he panicked suddenly. The young harkness was nowhere to be seen. They rushed off in all directions asking and asking if anyone had seen the small boy. "He must have rushed off cause of all the ... scariness" jack panted his eyes filled with worry, how could he have lost his baby brother. Ianto held jack's shoulders "listen jack none of it is your fault" he gasped. Jack assumed ianto was out of breath from running around for grey but... there was something painful about that gasp. "Are you okay ... you sound like you're in pain" jack questioned. Ianto smiled "just a stitch" he assured him "let's find grey... it's getting late he needs some pizza and bed". Ianto tied his black jacket tightly around his waist. jack thought this odd, it was getting pretty chilly and why had ianto tied it THAT tightly? Oh well he couldn't worry about that now ... they needed to find grey.

They found the small boy eventually crouched behind a large potted plant, crying. "Hey grey" ianto said softly, bending down and grimacing at the pain in his side. "It's late ... how about we get some pizza ... don't worry it's all over". Grey nodded and allowed himself to be lifted off the floor by jack. They ate pizza.... well... jack and grey did, ianto claimed he wasn't hungry. They trailed back to the hotel and got grey ready for bed. Ianto helped him to brush his teeth and even read him a bedtime story. Jack still thought it odd that ianto didn't untie his jacket.

Jack entered the bathroom five minutes later to find Ianto's leaning heavily on the sink clutching his side. "Ianto...are you okay?" Jack asked, panicked. Ianto smiled grimly before a look of pain over cake his features. "Ianto whats!.... wrong...." jack trailed off as his eyes wandered to where the jacket had been untied now lying on the floor. It was then jack realised that, though the black material, may not show it well the jacket actually had rather a lot of blood on it. His eyes fell back on Ianto's hand which, to his horror, was covered in blood. "Ianto!" He called as Ianto's careered sideways. He rushed to catch his boyfriend as he lowered him to the floor. "Ooookayyy" he muttered "shall I ... call an ambulance?" He suggested, Ianto shook his head wildly "no! We don't have the money no free healthcare ... just need the ... first aid kit ...they had a knife but it's not deep you can do it jack". Jack froze "THEY as in the guys ... they did this to you ianto that was two hours ago! why didn't you say something?" Jack exclaimed. Ianto gasped in pain "didn't wanna... worry... you".

Jack retrieved the first aid kit and dropped to his knees again by Ianto's side. Your Ianto's looked up at him his half closed glassy eyes. "Ianto..." jack warned, ianto didn't seem to hear him. "IANTO Don't close you're eyes come on stay awake for me ianto" he paused "ianto ... please??..."