Behind the door (mini chapter)

"Hello Ianto" his dad began the moment he walked through the door. Ianto smiled nervously, what was happening why was his dad being ... nice? "There's someone i would like you to meet". Well that explained the parked car, his mother appeared from the kitchen with a man ... no! A priest. Why would they need a priest? "Hello ianto, my name is father Damien I'm here to cure you" the priest spoke in a rather calm voice. "I'm sorry... cure me?" Ianto huffed out a laugh, surely this had to be some kind of practical joke? He felt himself being led gently into his own living room by the priest. He shuddered at the way the priest held onto him, as if he was diseased. "Ianto, you have been having homosexual tendencies... is that correct" the priest questioned sounding as if he was a doctor, ianto wanted to laugh but he couldn't so instead he nodded and replied sarcastically, "if by that you mean going on a date with, kissing and sleeping with a guy then yeah". Ianto was glad his parents had retreated to the kitchen, he didn't much care for his dad finding out he had slept with jack too. "Listen you can't cure me ... there's nothing to cure" ianto hissed to father Damien. He dodged the hand of the over bearing priest when it was laid gingerly on his shoulder "it's just the devil talking through you ianto" he took out his bible and began to recite a passage. Once he had done this he began to pray and Ianto watched him, unsure of what to do. He knew it wouldn't work, in fact in the silence of the room his mind was beginning to drift towards jack. Jack and his perfect smile. Jack and his comforting hug. Jack and his... he felt a book hitting him sharply on the arm "Owww what was that for!" He whined. "You said the name jack... that is most certainly not appropriate." The priest explained angrily as he began to pray again. Oh... had ianto said that out loud?

Finally the priest was gone... yes Ianto had lied to him and told him he was cured but what could a boy do? He just wanted to get upstairs and text jack. He bounded up the stairs like an over excited labradoodle and tumbled into his room. He smiled at the texts he had missed.

Miss you already ~ jack xx

You home safe?? ~jack xx

Iantoooooo ~ jack xxxx

Are you okay ... what's happening? ~ jack xx

Ianto suddenly felt an overwhelming sense of betrayal. His own parents had called a priest to 'pray the gay away'. Even his mum had stared at him stony faced and she hadn't been against it at all before his dad... anyway point is ianto felt betrayed. Immensely betrayed. So, with tears streaming down his face he fired off a message to the person who would never betray him.

Sorry I was busy, they called a priest and tried to 'pray the gay away' ~ ianto xxxxxx

Ianto's knew the amount of kisses he had used was excessive but he didn't care.

Shit ianto im so sorry... it didn't ... work did it?~ jack xxxxxxxxxx (checking you still like me)

Course it didn't work jack... you silly sausage ~ Ianto xxxxxxxxxx (yes I still like you)

Back at jack's house, he smiled. It was okay ianto still liked him. But ianto was hurting, clearly, anyone would be after something like that. He hated when ianto was upset.

Are you okay though? ~ jack xx

Yeah ~ ianto xx
Well... no ~ honest ianto xx

Do you ... want to come back over? ~ jack xx

I can't too risky I'll see you on Monday though ... I'm coming back to school ~ ianto xx

Yay ~ jack xx

Ianto laid back on his bed, his thoughts turning back to jack. He clutched the tiny koala to his chest and snuggled sleepily into it. He was still fully clothed but he didn't care... he drifted into an uneasy sleep.