Jacks home

Ianto laughed and touched jacks arm. The former football or 'soccer' captain smiled at him. They both jumped when jacks text tone rang out, "sorry that's my phone" jack laughed as he reached for it. Ianto watched as the American frowned reading the text, "what's wrong? Everything okay" jack smiled at ianto reassuring him "yeah sorry it's just my mom is stuck in traffic and she's asked me to get my little brother from school... you don't mind do you?" Jack asked and ianto shook his head "I don't mind, how old's your brother". "He's six but when you meet him he'll like to tell you that he is in fact six and a half."

Soon they were stood in the playground of the primary school and a little boy shot into jacks arms "heyyyy buddy..... what's wrong" jack asked his brother. "All of the other kids keep picking on me cause apparently I talk weird" he mumbled into jacks leg. "Can't you tell your teacher" ianto suggested bending down to face jacks brother. He looked at ianto tearily "I did.... she didn't do anything she just told me to ignore them but they didn't stop". Ianto frowned he had been told a similar thing when he was at this school and he was still being bullied to this day. "Tell you what you need to do... when you go to school tomorrow and someone says something about the way you talk you turn round and you say to them that you like the way that you talk and if they keep being nasty then you're going to get your big brother and his friend to talk to the school and they're all going to get into big big trouble". The small boy nodded and wiped his eyes holding onto jacks hand. "Come on then Grey" jack told him nodding at ianto thankfully. Ianto smiled so jacks brothers name was grey.

As they approached jacks drive a black suv pulled up. "Moms home then" jack laughed as grey ran toward the now parked car. Jack and ianto left mrs harkness with grey as they entered the house. Ianto's mouth dropped, he had assumed jack was wealthy but this house was positively huge. "Wow" ianto couldn't help but breathe jack chuckled at him "it's a bit much isn't it?". "My house could fit into one wing of your house" Ianto's half joked "alright ianto my house isn't that big it doesn't have WINGS". "Sure it doesn't so is your bedroom in the east wing captain?". "Cheeky, come on its upstairs".

Ianto followed jack into his bedroom and followed the Americans example of kicking off his shoes and leaving them just outside the door. He gasped slightly when he fully entered the room, it was like any other teen bedroom except it was filled with gadgets and and a huge flatscreen tv. Ianto watched as jack hung his coat carefully on a hook and stroked out any folds that weren't supposed to be there. "You really love that coat don't you?" Ianto observed, amused. Jack nodded, "yeah it was my dads he was in the raf". Ianto's hesitates a moment before inquiring "was?". Jack stilled first moment "yeah ...... my mum gave it to
Me after he" jack sucked in a breath tears raising to his eyes "after he died... he got ill". Ianto felt bad for bringing it up "oh jack... I'm so sorry" "no it's fine it was three years ago grey was too young to remember him but it never stops hurting you know". "Yeah" jack and ianto stared at each other for a few minutes before jack reached out a shaky hand towards his bag for his maths book. Ianto reached out to stop him "no don't we dont have too ... not right away nothing's gonna go in your head when you're upset ..... wanna go for a walk or something?". Jack nodded and smiled at ianto before he made his way towards his shoes. Ianto smiled just catching himself at the last minute before he praised jacks smile in his thoughts.