The meeting

Ianto was in his second year of sixth form and he couldn't wait to get out of this hell hole. He only had two friends, tosh and Lisa, and didn't much enjoy school. "Hey, ianto... stop daydreaming will you. I asked you what lesson you had next" came Lisa's voice as she waved a hand in front of his face. "Uhh sorry I've got history... god I hate history" ianto sighed as he gathered up his books from the common room desk. "If you hate history why did you take it for A-levels?" Tosh inquired from her computer. Ianto sighed again "my Mam thought I should. And I stupidly listened to her." He stood up to leave "are you two not coming?" He asked noticing the two girls had made no effort to move. "Oh um we've both got frees so I thought I'd sit here and help tosh with her course work" Lisa explained "that's ... okay? Isn't it?". Ianto gave a small nod smiling before he left the common room, truth was he wasn't looking forward to braving the halls alone.

He walked briskly down the hall trying to keep his head down. Somehow he made it to history without incident. Ianto took his usual seat at the back of the class. He liked it back there it was a place that he could do his work in peace and alone without having people throw things at the back of his head. He hated history, yes but he was annoyingly okay at it which pleased his teachers and annoyed him. His teachers expected him to like history but he didn't, he hated it because it was so boring. "Alright class" came the loud voice of miss Tyler "today we will have a new student, he should be here any moment". As if on cue. A boy with messy brown hair, piercing blue eyes and wearing an raf greatcoat strode through the door. Miss Tyler smiled "welcome jack, take a seat where ever you wish." The new boy, jack apparently, flashed a dazzling smile at miss Tyler before evaluating the room. Ianto assumed he was looking for the most attractive girl to sit next too, considering they had all been muttering about how gorgeous he was from the minute he entered the room. Because of this, ianto was immensely surprised when jack began to stride towards him, dumping his things on the floor next to him before laying his coat over the back of the chair and sitting down next to ianto. Jack smiled at him and ianto couldn't help but smile back, god he was gorgeous. Wait what? What was ianto doing thinking like that about a boy. Ianto was straight wasn't he?

Not even half an hour into the lesson ianto felt a piece of paper being slid across the desk to him.
'Hi, what's your name. :)'
The note read, ianto smiled slightly and scribbled his answer down.
'Jones, ianto jones. You?'
'Nice to meet you jones, ianto jones I'm Jack harkness. Captain jack harkness to my old school'
'Captain? Why captain?'
'I was captain of the soccer team and captain kinda stuck'
'Soccer? You're american'
Ianto passed the note back but instead of getting a written reply jack leant towards him. "Oh yeah" he whispered in Ianto's ear in a rich American accent. Ianto felt a shiver run down his spine. He dismissed it quickly as the tickle of jacks breath on his skin or..... something.