Who said teen romances dont hurt?

"Ianto!" The nurse gasped as she rushed into the room. Jack stood up, what was happening?! why was this nurse in such a rush?... "mam?..." ianto raised his head. Jack relaxed, so it was just ianto's mum. "Your mom's a nurse?" Jack asked softly, ianto nodded. "Ianto what happened?" Came the concerned tone of his mother as she nibbled at her lip. Ianto shook his head "doesn't matter". "I think you'll find it does young man." His mother argued sternly ianto sighed, defeated "dad" he muttered. "I'm sorry? your dad did this to you?" Jack exclaimed leaning forward. "Was it because of your date with jack." His mum murmured, ianto just nodded. A strange look entered her eye "get away from my son... from where I'm standing you did this ... jack" she spat his name like it was a filthy disease as she gestured towards the door. "No Mam! Please" Ianto gasped suddenly trying to sit back up. They didn't hear or see him, his mum was too busy ushering jack out. Ianto's face suddenly contorted in pain, he let out a gasp as he fell back onto the bed heavily. Alarms sounded and doctors and nurses rushed in, pushing jack and mrs jones out of the room. "Go home jack" mrs jones spat. "Can't I just Wait to see if he's okay??" Jack protested, shrinking away at the rage on Ianto's mothers face "GO" she practically yelled in his face. He didn't need to be told twice.

He stumbled into the night air tears streaming down his face. He couldn't get him mum to come and get him ... not at this time of the night. He pulled out his phone and googled the number for the nearest taxi station and dialled the number he was given. "Hey um ... yes sorry I .. can I ... taxi please" he gave them the name of the hospital he was at and hung up. He shivered in the early morning air it was four in the morning and he just wanted to go home. How could a night go from being so right to so wrong so quickly. The taxi arrived, jack hopped in blindly. He felt like he was living in a daze. What had happened before he left. He remembered the image of ianto falling back onto the bed. He replayed in his mind how the tiny plush koala slipped from his grip. From his almost ... lifeless ... grip. Jack made a strange noise in his throat he couldn't think like that he couldn't bear if... he thanked and payed the driver as he stumbled from the car and towards his house.

He fell into the warmth of the house but it still felt so cold to him. His mum emerged from the kitchen. They stood for a second staring each other in the eye. Jack felt an impulse to run to her and cling to her like a child. But he didn't. How could he. The last time he'd done that was when his dad had died. He couldn't let his mother think he was comparing the injuries of his new love interest to the death of his father. Could he? "Jack?... what happened" she looked at him from across the hall taking a tentative step towards him, noticing his tear tracked cheeks. He opened his mouth to tell her. To tell her everything, but before he could a strangled sob escaped his lips as she envelopes him in a hug. "H-his mum turned up Shes a nurse b but she t-told me t-to leave. C-cause his dad did that t-to him cause of m-me a-nd then something wen-t w-rong and - and w-hat if h-h-he dies ... it's all my fault" he hiccuped and sobbed his way through the sentence not even realising that they had migrated from the hall to sofa. "It's not your fault jack.. and he's not going to die" his mum comforted him as she rocked him slowly. He felt like a kid again, coming to terms with the fact that he'd never be able to see his father again.

Meanwhile ianto blinked in the bright room. Not again. Wait this was very bright... had he died?! He struggled slightly before he felt a comforting hand on his arm "it's okay love you're safe now everything's fine you just managed to tear your stitches". He relaxed. That was his mother. He felt soft fur brush against him and smiled, the koala. Jack! He tended as he remembered. Tears sprung to his eyes as he turned to face his smiling mother "get out" he whispered hoarsely. Her smile faltered, "what?". "Get out" he repeated his voice a little steadier. She stood up stony faced and stormed from the room. Ianto relaxed, finally.

He lay staring at the ceiling for a few seconds before realisation dawned on him. Jack was gone. Hot salty tears streamed his cheeks as sobs began to wrack his body. He didn't even care when the liquid began to circle his ears making the hair around them uncomfortably wet. He didn't even care about the need for water sobbing brought. A kindly looking nurse crept through the door "what's wrong pet" she questioned. Ianto's didn't answer. Instead he rolled onto his side and sobbed into his pillow clutching the soft fur of the koala to his face. Jack, filled his mind. Jack was all he wanted. He felt stupid, they'd only been on one date and he hadn't even known the man long. But he didn't care. It didn't stop him wanting jack. Various doctors and nurses tried to talk to him. It was no use. He wouldn't talk to them. He only cried. He cried until he didn't know what he was crying for. He cried until his head hurt and his pillow was soaked. He cried until he had no more tears to cry. He cried himself into exhaustion. He sobbed himself to sleep. Who ever said teen romances didn't hurt?