Abandoned work

Ianto found himself waiting with baited breath for his second history lesson that week. He honestly didn't know why. It wasn't like there was anything special about jack. Jack and his perfect smile and perfect teeth jack and his amazing body and that damn coat jack and his.... "Earth to ianto!" Tosh's voice cut through his daydreams. He snapped out of his mind state immediately "sorry did you say something?". Lisa giggled over the top of her book "what is it with you this week... you've been all over the place. Come on ianto what were you thinking about ... a girl?". Ianto shook his head "no of course not" he informed them rolling his eyes. "Oh look at that smile .... he's blushing! He totally was". "No I'm blushing because you're embarrassing me Lisa" he hissed a little too harshly, "sorry"
He muttered. Lisa put her hands up in mock surrender "alright alright". Tosh leant forward over her equation "hey don't you have history now?". Ianto's slammed his book shut "Yes!" He exclaimed maybe slightly too enthusiastically.

He arrived at his history lesson five minutes early and was surprised to see jack leaning against the doorway. "Hey I was hoping to catch you" he said to ianto in that wonderful American voice. "You're good at math right?" Ianto shrugged "I mean I'm alright" he answered modestly. "I'm terrible" jack admitted "could you tutor me?". Ianto's eyes widened was jack really volunteering to spend time with ianto out of school "sure I don't see why not" ianto told him attempting to stay cool. "Oh errr right yeah is.... does after school today work for you ... you could come over mine?" Jack babbled sounding like he hadn't quite expected that to work. Ianto nodded "where shall I meet you?". "Oh I hadn't quite thought that bit through ...." jack admitted biting the inside of his cheek in thought "tell you what I'll give you my phone number and you can text me later?". Ianto smirked and nodded handing jack his phone so the American could put the number in.

As the day went on and time grew closer and closer to the end of the day ianto became more and more jittery. Tosh and Lisa watched as he typed out a text and jumped when his phone buzzed a second later as if he hadn't been expecting an answer. "Do you think it's a girl?" Tosh suggested as ianto abandoned his work across the table in the library and began texting back and forth with this mystery person. "Course it is look at that smile" Lisa whispered back sounding gossipy if slightly dejected. "Got to go" ianto announced the second the bell for the end of the day rang. The two girls watched as ianto quickly swooped all of his belongings into his bag with no order and in a very un-ianto like fashion. Ianto rushed from the library and Lisa looked at Tosh "shall we follow him" she suggested with a raised eyebrow, tosh nodded.

"So iantos got a new friend.... we've been replaced Lisa" tosh joked glancing at her friend who looked decidedly worried. "You don't think they're.... you know" Lisa muttered as she watched the two boys. Tosh scoffed slightly "no! No of course not Lisa. iantos straight if he wasn't he'd have told us". Lisa still didn't look convinced so tosh carried on "that's the new kid Anyway he's in iantos history class isn't he they're probably working on a project together.... that'll be why ianto was so eager to get on with it to get history over and done with". "You think I've still got a chance then.... ? with Ianto I mean" Lisa questioned. Tosh nodded "of course look at you you're stunning who wouldn't want to date you." Lisa smiled at her friend. "Besides" tosh continued "they're obviously just friends" she reassured Lisa but as she watched ianto laugh and touch jacks arm.... she wasn't too sure she was correct.