"Something happend to Yoongi today," Songhee blurted out, Hayoon stopping in her tracks to look at her, "I-I was doing another memory thing in the pond and he was with me, something pulled him down and tried to kill him, he thinks it was a shadow and we all agree with him." she explained, watching as Hayoon's expression remained stotic, "are you and your mother working with a witch?"

Hayoon's jaw clenched, something Songhee could visibly see since Hayoon had a defined jawline. Hayoon knew Jiwoo did something, but she didn't expect it to happen to Yoongi while Songhee was right there near him.

Her fist clenched from where it was in her jacket pocket.

Again, she didn't answer the question.

Giving Songhee the answers she needed without actually verbalizing them.

Hayoon just shook her head softly, placing her hand on the railing, "If that's all, bye, Songhee-"

"Why?" Songhee exclaimed, her voice strong against the tidal waves of pain that were stirring in her brain, "why'd you do it? Why'd you come here?"

At this, Hayoon stepped away from the railing and turned to look at Songhee, "My mother needed to know what was happening within the academy, she needed to know what Akida was doing, needed to make sure her next moves would be calculated. I was a spy, if you want to put it that way." she explained, revealing the truth with no hesitation, she knew the rest of them knew it, so there was no point in lying.

Songhee's eyes glossed over as she looked directly at Hayoon and asked, "What did I have to do with it? Why did you use me?"

A lump formed in Hayoon's throat, thick enough to prevent her from choking, but not enough to stop her from breathing like she wanted to in that moment. The look in Songhee's eyes, the pure anguish, hurt Hayoon, "I never used you, Songhee."

Songhee rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest, "Oh really, then how did you know me and the guys were the only people questioning everything-"

"I didn't," Hayoon interrupted, staring right at Songhee, "I didn't ask to be roomed with you, I just was, you let me in-"

"You were the shadow looking at me during the first fight," Songhee revealed, something she's known for a long time.

When she met Hayoon for the first time, she couldn't help but feel her presence was familiar. Later on, while she was questioning everything, she realized the "shadow" that was looking at her during the first attack, was actually Hayoon staring at her from the woods as she watched her frost soldiers.

She also thinks the shadow Yoongi saw above the woods, was the witch controlling the shadows along with watching the elemental soldiers.

Like said before, Songhee notices the little things, that didn't mean she always acknowledged them.

Hayoon stopped once more, the lump in her throat scurrying back down as she remained faced away from Songhee. The elder kept speaking, "You were looking at me that night, you gave me this ring, why?!"

Tears started to well in Hayoon's eyes, her teeth sinking into her bottom lip.

"Why did you do this to me?! Why not leave me alone?! Why make me fall in love with you-"

"I DIDN'T WANT TOO!" Hayoon finally yelled, not caring that some students were starting to fall asleep and could potentially hear her voice, "You think I purposely wanted to hurt you, Songhee?!"

"YES!" Songhee yelled back, equally as hurt and furious, both her and Hayoon's eyes shifting into different hues of blue, "because you disappeared right after your shitty i'm sorry!"

Hayoon scoffed, backing away as she covered her face with her hands while letting out an aggravated laugh, "I didn't make you fall in love with me, I didn't use you nor your friends, it was just helpful that you developed feelings for me-"

Songhee's breath became caught in her throat at those words, tears she's been trying to hold back finally coming out of her eyes and going down her cheeks.

Hayoon didn't make a move to comfort her, she couldn't.

"So that's what my feelings were to you? Helpful?" she inquired, scoffing as more tears went down her face, she looked at Hayoon, "did you ever love me? Did our relationship mean anything to you?-"

"Goodbye, Songhee," Hayoon bid her goodbye, though Songhee wasn't letting her leave that easily.

She grabbed Hayoon's wrist roughly, pulling her back, "Answer me!" she shouted, her eyes the oceanic blue Hayoon fell in love with the moment she saw them that day on the field, they glowed brightly in the dark that encased them as she fought.

Hayoon moved her wrist from Songhee's hold, "It did." she said before moving away from Songhee faster than she could catch her and jumping from the ledge, her ice braised her fall as she landed on the ground.

Songhee watched her go, watched Hayoon disappear into the woods right before her eyes.

At this point, she was getting used to the sight.

Along with the pain.

a/n

Yoongidique made this 😭😭 go show her and her stories some fucking love because they're beautiful and sope, along with NamJin and some Vkook