029|

Ji

I step down on the last step and take a deep breath in, the pain shooting up my right leg.  I limp slowly into the kitchen and open the fridge, grabbing a bottle of water.  Twisting open the cap and gulping it down, freezing when my eyes catch the glistening ring on my finger.

Sneaky little shit

I grab onto the counter, head spinning, setting down the bottle.

"We could always make her try it." The front door shuts with a click, footsteps and rustling getting closer.  I close my eyes and take a deep breath,

"Yeah but I doubt she'd try our cooking." Alec's voice becomes clearer, I open my eyes and look as his attentions stays on the bags in his hand. 

"Ok, I'll ask her." Hanging up he sets down the bags on the counter before looking up,

"What the hell do you think you are doing out of bed?" He ask,

"Who said I was goin to say yes?" I question, bring up my left hand.  His eyes widen,

"Well I thought—you see..I thought that," He closes his eyes and sighs.

"Ok you got me there...." He finishes, laughing nervously.  I hum in victory and take another gulp of my water,

"So you wouldn't say....yes?" He ask, a tone of sadness in his voice.  I chuckle,

"I swear I'm in love with an idiot." I answer, his eyes lit up and he smiles.  It gets wiped off and he walks over to me,

"You're suppose to be in bed." He says, picking me up bridal style.

"I'm fine." I argue, he starts to walk out but I hold onto the counter.

"Yeah and I'm not marrying the most beautiful women in the world." He says, sarcastically.  I grab the bottle and let go of the counter, he walks out.

"I've been in bed all day and you've hid my paperwork so I don't have anythin' to do." I state, he barely strains a muscle as we walk up the stairs.

"Well you're suppose to get rest, your ankle is sprained and you have fractures.  The faster you heal the more cuddles I get." I deadpan at him,

"I just want to work is it that hard to ask?" Walking into the bedroom, he sets me down.

"I'll give you your laptop but you aren't allowed to get out of bed expect for the bathroom." He compromises, walking over to the safe and unlocking it.

"050377." I mumble, leaning against the head board and closing my eyes.

"Don't expose my password baby." He whines, placing the laptop in my lap. Staying still and not bother to open my eyes. I hear him sigh and sit down,

"I know you're not used to it but until you get better, you have to stay in bed." He says, rubbing my thigh slightly.  I open my eyes,

"Can you take me some where?" Whispering, he tilt his head slightly.

"Depending where." He utters,

"It's not far." I remark, he smiles and nods.

"Let me put the groceries in the fridge and then we can go." He says, getting up.

"Ok." He walks out and I hear the clicks of his shoes on the stairs.  I stand up slowly and get dressed.  Wearing jeans with a brown turtleneck and a flannel on top, tucked in.  I walk into the closet and turn on the lights for the shoe display, grabbing the Dior Trianers.  Walking back into the bedroom and grabbing white socks, I slip on the shoes.

"Your beauty never seems to not amazing me." Alec comments, walking in.  I look up to him while tying my shoes,

"You are insane." I declare, standing up.

"Woah woah," Alec walks up to me,

"I never said you would be walking or standing when we go." He goes to pick me up,

"You touch me and I will stab you." I threaten, he pouts.

"But baby..." He argues, I exhale and grab his hand.

"If it hurts anymore I'll let you carry me." I offer, he smiles.

"Ok." He accepts, I nod and intertwine our hands.

"Your not going to kill me right?" Alec says, opening the car door. I step out and cold air hits my pale cheeks,

"No, I'm not goin to kill you." I answer, grabbing his hand and walking towards the gates. It creaks open and the gravel moves under our feet, spotting the new flowers. We walk over in comfortable silence and then I stop in front of two gravestones. Alec's eyes widen slightly when he reads the names but he stayed silent, not sure what he should say. He rubs the back of my hand gently, his grip tight but not enough for it to hurt.

"The flowers are Edelweiss, my mom says they stand for courage and devotion." I whisper, Alec pulls me in closer.

"They were my mom's favorite and my dad...."

"Hey hey, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." Alec assures, I take a breath.

"My dad liked them because my mom liked them." I mention and the quiet returned. We stared down at the slightly faded ink and the wilting flowers, the wind pushing against us. Time seemed endless when you're staring at something that used to mean the world to you.

"Hello Mrs and Mr. Yoon." Alec lets go of my hands and slowly kneels down on the floor, doing a full bow.

"My name is Alec Newman, I'm....I'm your daughter's fiancé as of-f today." He stutters, he laughs softly before continuing.

"I'd like to apologize for not asking your permission to marry your daughter but-but I got p-permission from J-Jun. Uh I'm not sure about MJ but I'll-ll make sure to ask." He was a stuttering mess and it was cute, the side people rarely got to see. He stays kneeling for a few more minutes before he spoke again.

"Thank you for your time and I promise to protect your daughter." He stands up and bows again before brushing his knees of rocks,

"You know you're a dork right?" I say, he turns to me and smiles.

"Only for you." I let out a small chuckle,

"Thank you for bring me here." He adds, stepping forward and touching the graves gently.

"It was only right since I've met your parents." I utter, he turns.....

And he looked at me, like there was something in me worth looking at.