003|

Ji

"Everything is set, we just have to fix up the broken windows." Corey says, annoyance in his voice.  The list of bad things kept piling on top of each other, first this and now I find out Esme was almost sexually assaulted at the club a few days ago.  I wouldn't of known if she didn't accidentally blurted it out when I went to drop off banana bread today.

"You find out who?" I ask, Corey nods before talking.

"A couple of teenagers, they were trying to get into the cars for a joy ride.  Everything is being processed legally which, I think, is going easy on them." Corey says, he was more mad than I was because one of the cars was his.

"Ok, just get everything ready by tomorrow." I state, Corey gives me a small smile and nods before I took my leave.  I got into my car and drove straight to Alec's company, knowing that he was one person that would definitely have access to the cameras in his buildings.

I get out and lock my car, walking into the building and everyone hurries to their desk.  I mentally roll my eyes and get into the elevator, pressing the top floor. I wait patiently for the elevator to open.

It dings and I get out, walking straight for Alec's office.

"Ma'am you can't go in the—." She was too late as I open his office door.

"Ms. Wright I told you to always kno......" He trails off as he looks up,

"Sorry sir, I'll get security." Ms. Wright apologizes,

"No it's ok." Alec says, Ms. Wright nods and closes the door.

"March 27, 23:03," I utter, walking up to his desk.  He only nods and follows my request, typing something and turning the screen to me.  I watch intensely, my fist clench as I see the scene slowly unravel.  I pull out my phone and take a picture of his screen before exiting the feed and turning the screen back towards him,

"Thank you." I mutter, looking down at my phone.  I send the picture to Corey and slipping my phone back into my joggers,

"I'll be going then." I say, turning around.  I was about to pull open the door when I was turned around and slammed against it.  I look up at him, trapped between his arms.

"What was that about?" He questions, looking in between my lips and eyes.

"I need to find someone." I say, not breaking eye contact.  Pushing back the feeling of warmth that I get when I was with him,

"Why?" He grits, his jaw clenching.  I bring my hand up to his chest, his eyes soften.

"Business." I respond, his jaw unclench and his shoulders relax. We stay in the position, like there wasn't running and chatting people on the other side. A knock interrupts our little stare off,

"Sir the meeting is about to start." Ms. Wright interrupts, her voice slightly muffled.  Alec growls,

"I'll be out in a bit." He barks, he turns back to me.

"I'll go." I mumble, he stood straight with a frown but nods.

|

I slowly stop my car in front of the small cafe Esme works at, my brows furrow seeing the cafe lights already off. I step out of my car and walk up to the door, it was locked. I look around inside to see if she was just in the back,

"P-Please!" I hear a cry, my head snaps to a dark alley way. I run over there and see Esme press up against the wall, tears rolling down her cheeks. I throw the man off of her and Esme slides down the wall, holding her head, letting out small whimpers.

"What the hell?!" The male says, turning back to me. My facial expression drops, without hesitation, pulling the gun from my waistband and pulling the trigger.

Three shots, dead center.

The man drops dead, I stood there, looking at the body.  The blood seeping out of his head and onto the cold pavement.

Target Eliminated

The vivid memories returning, Esme slowly wraps her arms around me; shaking. I blink and everything comes back to me, pulling Esme into my chest as she cries.

"It's ok....you're ok now." I whisper, patting her head gently, my eyes still on the body.

"Come on." I mumble, she pulls out a little and I pick her up.  Setting her down in the back seats of my car.

"Stay here." I whisper, she nods weakly and I shut the door.  Turning around and taking another shot at the person lurking in the dark, aiming at his arm as a warning shot. He lets out a groan and walks forwards slightly, his silhouette showing his build with the dim street light.  Not spring him a glance I open my car door and get in. I start the car and look in the review mirror.

She fell asleep, thats good.  Hopefully she won't have nightmares.

The drive home was quiet, the hum of the car aiding my headache.

"Ma'am?" Chris greets, walking out of the condo.

"Take Esme inside, I need to make a call." I tasks, he nods and opens the back door. I pull out my phone and press on Charlie's contact.

"Hello?" He answers groggily, I bring my hand to my forehead. My headaches are getting worse,

"Esme is at my house." I say, rubbing my forehead.

"What happened?! Is she ok?" He asks, shuffling around.

"She's fine, she'll probably be shaken up but she's fine." I answer, the shuffling stops.

"It's the guy isn't?"

Ha.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें