Ch. 30: Desperate Times

{Ross' POV~}

"So where are we going?" Laura asks as I start the car and we drive away from her house.

"Somewhere special." I respond, keeping my eyes on the road.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see her smile. "How far?"

"Twenty minutes."

She huffs, "That's soooo long."

"Don't worry the time will go by fast." I turn and smile at her.

~2 hours later~

"Are we there yet?" Laura asks excitedly looking out the window. She reminded me of an adorable little kid.

Okay so we've been driving for far more time than I had expected. Maybe it's further than I thought, but now the road is becoming unfamiliar.

"Ross? Seriously where are we going?" I can hear her concern.

"Uh, well I think I might've taken a wrong turn." I said slowing down.

She crosses her arms, "Well where are we then?"

"I-I don't know..I thought for sure this was the right road."

"Tell me where you were trying to go." She says impatiently.

I sigh, "Do you remember the place we went when we skipped school. Up on that cliff, the old hiking trails?"

She nods, "Ross, baby we passed that miles ago."

"I'm so sorry Laur.." I look down, resting my forehead on the wheel, "Our date is ruined."

I feel her place her hand on my leg and hear her seat belt unlatch, "Ross it's ok." She assures me.

"No it's not. I wanted this to be perfect."

"Then lets make it perfect. It may not be where we had planned on going but look around. This place isn't that bad." She always tries so hard to make the best of things, but she's good at it.

Lifting my head back up, I looked at the beautiful sunset. We were surrounded by trees and there was no traffic up here. Laura's right, maybe this place is better.

"Want to go for a walk?" I ask her.

She smiles, "Of course I do."

We both get out of the car and I hold her hand. She snuggles up against me as we walk down the road. Since it was sunset, there was just enough light to see. It was kind of romantic.

"I'm cold." Laura says, shivering and wrapping her arms around me.

"Here." I take off my jacket and hand it her.

"You should have told me not to wear a dress." She giggles.

I laugh and walk with her close, "I was going to, but then you looked so beautiful in it."

She smiles at me, "Your so sweet, I can't stand it."

Leaning down I give her a sweet kiss on the head.

"Ross look.." Laura points to car lights speeding down the road towards us.

"Well there driving kind of fast.." I say watching them get closer and closer.

Laura holds onto me tighter and I keep her close to me. Suddenly the car is close enough to tell the color of it and without any warning the car swerves to hit us.