Ch 27: Winning Back Her Heart

{Ross' POV~}

It wasn't a lie, I really was going to win her heart back. She can fight it all she wants. That girl will be mine again, no questions asked.

She looks so hot today. Tight, ripped jeans with a cute, flowing top that showed off some of her cleavage. The converse were a nice touch. Thanks a lot for the boner Laura...

The bell rings and everyone rushes to the cafeteria for lunch. I waited by the corner, knowing Laura would always come last. She prefers to not get trampled and pushes around everywhere. I don't blame her. Some people don't care or bother to notice that they just shoved your face into a locker.

Soon enough I spot the tiny brunette carrying at least two text books.

Sneaking up behind her, I grab the books from her hand.

"Let me carry these for you." I smile at her shocked face.

"Ross! I hate it when you do that!" She laughs, trying to sound serious.

I look at her funny, pretending to act confused, "Do what?"

"Surprise me like that! And I can carry my own books thank you very much." She says reaching for her books again.

Instead, I hold them high above my head, "Nope, you don't need to carry these when I'm here for ya."

"Your making me look like I'm weak!" She continues to complain.

"Hey hey, calm down baby." I hush her. She wasn't too happy about that.

Laura just rolls her eyes, "You know what fine. You can carry all my books, all day, every day." She puts on a smile.

I smile back, "I would be honored."

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

{Laura's POV~}

This whole week, Ross has been a total sweetheart to me.

On Monday, he carried all my books for me and he's been doing it ever since.

Tuesday, he gave me roses. His exactly words were: "These roses reminded me of you. They smell nice and look pretty."

During lunch on Wednesday, Casey tried to dump milk on me. Ross jumped in and he was the one who ended up covered in milk.

{Flashback}

The lunch bell finally rings and I decide to have a salad today. Casey had the same idea, I ended up next to her in the line.

She didn't know it, but I could hear her whispering things about me into the girl next to her's ear.

Ignoring her, I grabbed my salad and paid for my lunch.

"Hey Laura, wait up!" It was Ross calling behind me. I can't get away from his boy. I tell ya..

I stop in my tracks and watch as he jogs up behind me.

"Aren't you going to eat?" I ask him, seeing there was no food in his hand.

"I had McDonalds." He answers and I give him a grossed out look.

Casey walks by me, talking to her friends and I let out a sigh. Ross notices my change in mood right away.

"Is she bothering you again?" He asks, I can hear anger rising in his voice.

It takes a while for me to reply, "No."

"What did she do to you Laur?"

"Nothing."

"Tell me the truth." He budges.

"She just hates me and she spreads rumors about me okay!" I yelled at him. I shouldn't have yelled, I think I may have scared him a bit.

Ross looks at his feet, "Oh..I'm sorry." He gives me a side hug.

"It's not your fault." I whimper.

"Hey Laura!" I hear my name being yelled from across the room. It was Casey. Of course.

She walks up to us, her heels clicking against the floor. She had a milk carton in her hand. Oh great.

She looks at Ross, "What are you starring at and why are you with this bitch?"

"I wasn't with any bitch until you showed up." He answered and I covered my mouth.

Casey's eyes widen from getting insulted, "You know Lynch, your getting in the way of things. Why don't you go play football with your team. Oh wait...you quit."

I notice Ross clenching his fists together. He was getting angry.

"Hey have you been bugging Miss Marano here?" He asks, dropping the little argument they had.

"No, why would you think that. I'm the good guy here, she's the bad guy and your the victim." Casey looks at her nails and smirks.

I grabbed Ross' hand, "Just ignore her.." I whisper. He looks down at me and shakes his head, "No, this has been going on for too long and it's ending. It's ending now."

Casey steps up closer to us. She lifts up the milk over my head. I stand still. I'm used to this shit by now.

She tips the carton over and Ross pushes me out of the way.

I look at him in shock, he just smiles at me with milk dripping from his hair.

"Casey, that's enough." He says in her face and I can't help but smile. What would I do without him?

{End of Flashback}

Today is Thursday, and I'm actually really excited to see Ross. He's the only one who makes me happy right now. Then I realize, I don't do anything nice for him. I need to change that.

I get dressed and leave my house to meet Ross as the bus stop. Lately we've been meeting up here and walking to school.

But he never comes. Today he doesn't show up. I guess I'm walking solo today.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

By sixth period, there is still no sign of Ross. Where is he! I'm worried about him. He's what keeps the sun shining and the earth spinning.

Someone taps my shoulder and I whip around expecting to find Ross.

"You look lost." Casey chuckles.

I turn back around and walk away before she can hurt my feelings.

"Your weak Marano! No wonder Ross didn't show up today."

My eyes were beginning to burn. Why is everything she says so hurtful? What if I am the reason Ross is missing today..What if he's been acting this whole time?

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

A/N:

this is unedited so sorry if it has lots of typos. I just really wanted to get it up for you guys.

-Hannah