Ch. 23: That One Moment

{Ross' POV~}

It's been a month since I've last spoken to Laura. I haven't even gotten close to her.

Laura, like me, has changed dramatically this past month. She changed her whole look, the way she acts, and even her friends. Last week she got a new boyfriend...Jackson.

I, on the other hand, have stayed out of dating. I guess I've kinda turned into a player. Because well, I've kissed a few girls...this morning and multiple throughout the week. None of them can kiss as good as Laura. I've tried so hard to get over her, but I can't. When Laura changed into a bad girl, I thought maybe she'd like me again if I changed into a bad boy.

Nope, my plan failed and now I'm stuck with my new bad boy image.

I hate taking advantage of all these girls, even though they beg me to sleep with them. I don't like it. My family is very disappointed in the fact that I have a new 'girlfriend' everyday. If only I could tell them the real story...

Amber, the girl who ruined my entire life has already moved away. It's like she came here just to get Laura and I to break up and then she leaves.

Instead of regretting that I quit the football team I just use my time worrying about Laura. Jackson is that type of guy that will 'accidently' hurt a pretty girl like Laura.

Today is Tuesday and Jackson isn't at school today. So this may just be the best Tuesday of my life.

Laura was over by her locker hanging out with her new friends. Ashley and Rosie hated how she changed herself so Laura decided she wanted different friends. These new friends of hers aren't the type of people the real Laura would ever even go near.

First there's Jasmine, she's a bad girl. She's actually a year older but she missed so many days she was forced to take senior year over again.

Sophia, is shy. She's a little more Laura's type except there's a rumor going around that she's pregnant

Lastly, there's Casey. She's got a big mouth and a big personality and that's all I'm gonna say.

For whatever reason I decided to eavesdrop on their conversation. You know...just wondering what's up with my ex girlfriend that I'm still in love with.

"Are you serious! Wow!" Jasmine giggles at something Laura had said.

Laura nods and Sophie's chuckles.

"What's so funny?" Laura asks.

"Well you made fun of me for hooking up with Braden, so I'm gonna make fun of you for hooking up with Jackson." Sophie says and my eyes go wide.

Laura hooked up with Jackson...as in....yeah. Oh my god. I felt like barging into the middle of this right now but decided to wait.

Laura rolls her eyes, "Fine laugh...at least I'm not pregnant." Laura's eyes went straight to Sophie.

Sophie shakes her head and walks away.

Casey grins mischievously, "You know at first, Laura, I thought you were a fake."

"A fake?" Laura questions.

"Yeah a fake bad girl. You always hated us and now your hanging out with us? What's up with that?" Casey spat at Laura.

Laura shrugs, "People change."

"Yeah sure, people change. So Laura how would you feel if I went and hooked up with your ex!?" Casey yelled at her.

Okay me and Casey...will never happen!

"Go ahead, I don't care." Laura says, "You and Jackson broke up such a long time ago I thought you'd be over it."

Casey sighs, "Laura, it's been five months since we broke up...that's not enough time for me to get over him completely especially when I hear you slept with him!"

"Look I'm sorry, but he's my boyfriend now. I mean it's been like a month or two since I broke up with my ex and I'm completely over it." Laura replies.

"Your just lying to yourself. Laura, your not a bad girl. Your not over your ex, and you certainly aren't actually our friends." Casey says.

Laura was starting to look nervous, "Casey, what are you trying to say?"

"I'm saying you can't hang out with us anymore. I want you away from me at all times! And Jackson! I'll give you until Friday to break up with him." Casey says evilly.

It was obvious that Laura had lost all confidence in herself. She looked like she was about to cry.

"Well?" Casey frowns.

Laura looks away without a word.

"Nothing to say huh." Casey laughs to herself, "Well in that case get out of my way!" Casey shoves past Laura who falls onto the floor. Casey and Jasmine just left poor Laur on the floor.

Without another thought I ran over to Laura. I guess I'm the only one that worries about her. I really do care about her and I still love her.

"Laura." I say and wrap my arms around her lifting her to her feet.

A tear rolled down her cheek and then something strange happened...she hugged me. She put her arms around me and hugged me tight. I hugged her back even tighter.

"Oh Laura..." I sighed, my shirt becoming wet from her tears.

Laura's breathing was irregular from crying, "W-why does everyone hate me so much!"

"Not everyone hates you Laura." I tell her, rubbing my hand gently up and down her back.

She sniffles and rests her head on my chest. For that moment I thought maybe things could change back to normal. Maybe Laura and I could get back together. And then the laughing started.

Casey was there with a smug smirk on her face, "Laura I've never seen a bigger liar than you."

Laura jumped away from me when she heard Casey's voice.

"What happened to being over you ex?" Casey snaps at Laura.

More tears filled Laura's eyes and my heart sank, but then it shattered...

"This is all your fault." Laura cried as her eyes tore into my skull, "I hate you."

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
A/N: Hey guys...long time no see. Yeah I'm still alive. Haha. I just have had zero time for writing. I tried to make this chapter as good as I could, so I hope you enjoyed it. More drama is one the way, but you never know...maybe it will be the good kind of drama. Btw sorry if this chapter was confusing. If you have any question about it just comment them and I'll answer!

Please comment and vote.

Also if you haven't already check out my new story: Lost in Love!

-Hannah