Ch. 16: Awkward Situations

{Ross' POV~}

My cheeks had tears running down them and my heart ached as if I had been stabbed thousands of times. I had to get out of here. I pulled the car into reverse and drove away unnoticed.

Blinded by tears, I couldn't really see anything. I pulled over to avoid an accident and dialed Rydel's number.

"Hey Ross." She answers right away.

"Delly..." I sobbed, "I-I saw her kissing Jackson." My voice cracks.

"Ross I told you she's just trying to get over you. I promise you it won't work out for her. You'll have her back over time." Rydel says, giving me some hope.

"How do you know that?" I ask, feeling completely hopeless. How can she be so sure?

"Because I've seen you two together. You guys had something special. Something that can't be broken that easily. Take my word for it, you will get her back." Rydel explains confidently. It actually did boost my confidence.

"Okay." I mumbled, "Oh and Del?"

"Yes little bro?"

"Do you think you could come pick me up?" I asked.

"Why? Don't you have your car?"

"Yeah, it's just I can't see." I sighed, rubbing my forehead.

"What do you mean you can't see?" She asks confused.

I run a hand through my hair, "I hate to say it but I'm crying so hard that I can't see and I don't want to get in an accident." I explain more thoroughly this time.

"Okay, I'll be there soon. Where are you exactly?" She asks for directions.

"West avenue. It's about a block away from Laura's house." I told her.

"Okay Chubbs and I'll be there soon!" She chimes making me smile a bit. The line goes dead and I shove my phone back in my pocket.

About ten minutes pass and Rydel arrived to pick me up. She pulled over behind my car and hopped out the door.

"What about your car?" She asks.

I shrug, "I dunno." I'm just really out of it right now.

"Ross get up." She says pulling me off the curb.

Stuffing my hands in my pockets and starring at the ground I walked to the passenger side of Rydel's car and got in. Delly follows only getting in the drivers side.

When the car started moving she began talking to me again.

"Want to do something fun?" She asks, hoping to cheer me up.

I don't answer and just turn to look out the window.

Rydel doesn't ask me anything else after this. We were moving for about three minutes until I felt the car stop. I looked out the window and realized that we were parked in Laura's driveway.

"Why did you stop here!" I exclaim, I was in a panic.

"Ross calm down. I just think you need to talk to Laura. Plus mom made this casserole for her and her dad and wanted me to drop it off." Rydel explains.

My chest was raising up and down faster and faster the closer we got to that door. What if she answers.

Rydel rings the doorbell as I stand there frozen. I heard footsteps on the other side of the door and clenched my fist together, praying it wasn't Laura.