Ch. 10: Ship Names

{Ross' POV~}

I jumped out of bed, wanting to help with any situation that awaited me downstairs. Laura was following behind me. I never bothered to tell her to stay in bed, she wouldn't listen anyways.

Riker and Rocky were racing down the stairs as well.

Rocky managed to find the light switch and the lights flickered on, revealing the unwanted people in our house.

There stood an unknown guy with his arm around Rydel.

"What the?" Riker stopped himself.

Earlier Rydel told me it was Randy at the door, but this isn't Randy.

"Who is this?" I asked her, gesturing towards the man with his arm around her.

Rydel sighs, "Alright you got me...and before you say it yes I lied. Randy was never coming." Now I'm really confused.

"I thought you said you liked Randy?" Laura says from behind me.

Rydel shakes her head, "Just another lie, Laura. I didn't want anyone finding out about my...boyfriend." She says pausing between words.

"Boyfriend." Riker growls, his eyes starred at the guy who still was unnamed.

"Riker, Rocky, Ross, Laura, this is Ellington." She finally introduces us to the guy, or I guess his name is Ellington.

Ellington waves at us, "Hi...my names Ellington Ratliff, you can call me Ratliff if you'd like." He says. He doesn't seem bad to me. Better than Rydel liking Randy.

"Oh Ell, these are my brothers Riker, Rocky, Ross, and Ross' girlfriend Laura." Rydel gestures towards us all.

Ratliff smiles, "Nice to meet you all."

Suddenly Laura screams she runs up to Rydel and hugs her.

"Oh my gosh I'm so happy for you! You finally have a boyfriend!" Laura squeals.

Rydel laughs along with Laura. I have to admit she looks cute when she's fangirling. Laura not Rydel...that'd just be weird.

Rocky walks up to Ratliff, "Which is better Mac N cheese or ice cream?" He asks Ellington.

"Mac N cheese, DUH." Ratliff chuckles.

Rocky smiles and shakes his hand, "Welcome to the family."

Next Riker went up to talk to Ratliff, "So why did we hear Rydel scream?" He asked.

"Because Ratliff scared me." Rydel giggled.

Riker nods his head and whispers something in Ratliff's ear. No one knows what he said.

I came up to shake Ratliff's hand. He seems really nice to me.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

The next morning ••

{Laura's POV~}

I woke up on top of Ross. We must've fallen asleep on the couch after meeting Ratliff last night. I'm so happy for Rydel. This is her first boyfriend, as far as I know anyways. They are perfect for each other and Ellington seems really sweet and funny. I'm gonna come up with a ship name for them. Maybe Elldel...no. Ryell...nope. Oh, I got it...Rydellington. Yes that's perfect!

I looked down at Ross, he was sound asleep. What a perfect time to wake him up.

"Rossy." I whisper in his ear, "Wake up baby." I coo.