Chapter 14

The day of the battle has arrived and all the heroes were casually scrambling to get the final touches ready. Pharah had yet to receive the thumbs up from her friend who had the job of rounding up the Reapers willing to fight, she was starting to get nervous. She had contacted him not too long ago, he said there were some difficulties getting the message across without suspicion and that he will be holding the meeting tonight. She, of course, trusted Neo, but he was cutting it a bit too close for comfort. She sighed and stood from her perch near the window, once again reassuring heroes of the backup as she made her way to the conference room she knew Kastuki was in. Hopefully Neo had it under control.

Neo did not have it under control. The younger Reapers were terrified of the coming battle and running around, the older Reapers were willing to make the sacrifice but there weren’t that many. He hadn’t realized there were so many Reapers in Japan and it was an absolute pain to try and gather them all but by some sort of miracle, he managed. He had them in the Suicide Forest, it was large enough to house them and keep them from prying eyes. He could already see a couple of them fidget, fighting the urge to leave and transport souls so he didn’t waste anymore time. He turned to his friend who summoned her DJ booth, something very popular among her assigned age group, and began his song. Somewhere in his mind, he swore this was a musical.

“Welcome to the wild, no heroes and villains. Welcome to the war we've only begun, so pick up your weapon and face it there's blood on the crown go and take it. You get one shot to make it out alive, so higher and higher you chase it. It's deep in your bones, go and take it. This is your moment, now is your time, so. . .”

Neo multiplied himself for makeshift backup singers, he admits it’s odd, but it works, “Prove yourself and RISE, RISE! Make 'em remember you. RISE! Push through hell and RISE, RISE! They will remember you. RISE!”

The Reapers came out of their shock and began to listen to the lyrics, the younger ones stopped panicking, definitely liking the beat. They began to gather around more, in a more unified manner, all while he still sang, “Welcome to the climb up, reach for the summit. Visions pray that one false step lead the end, so higher and higher you chase it. It's deep in your blood, go and take it. This is your moment, take to the skies, go Prove yourself and RISE, RISE! Make 'em remember you. RISE! Push through hell and RISE, RISE! They will remember you. RISE!”

Neo smiled when he realised it wasn’t just the multitude of his own voice, but many of the other Reapers were singing as well. A few Reapers started bringing out their own drums and playing along to the rhythm, “So get along, so get along, go. Get along 'long get a move on up. So get along, so get along, go. Get along 'long get a move on up.”

Neo created a golem twice the size of him from the earth behind him as he continued, “And as you fight among the death beneath the dirt, do you know yet? Do you want it? And when the giants call to ask you what you're worth, do you know if, win or die, you'll. . .”

He then, for dramatic effect, floated up into the air then came back down with a punch, ‘destroying’ the golem, even though he could have done that without all the theatrics, “Prove yourself and RISE, RISE! Make 'em remember you. RISE! Push through hell and RISE, RISE! They will remember you. RISE! Prove yourself and RISE, RISE! (Pick up your weapon and face it) RISE! (It's deep in your blood, go and take it) RISE, RISE! (Higher and higher you chase it) RISE, RISE!”

All around, Reapers cheered, already excited for the battle fast approaching. It took a bit, but he managed to quiet them down enough to say the speech he practiced all evening for. “In a few hours’ time, Pharah will disguise the calling with a song, it will start with; ‘turn your face towards the sun’, and for her to know you’re with her, you need to repeat the verse she sings and fly up to meet her above the top of our island and working her way down. From there, she will lead you to the battle field and since it took awhile to get you all here, we will get there a bit late. That means that the healers will go in first and aid the wounded heroes while Pharah gives you a position like offense or defense. Since Tokyo is in the center of Japan, I will lead the Reapers from lower Japan with the same song and meet there. Let me just make this clear, we are fighting because this war isn’t just against humans, it’s against us as well. They have kidnapped our brethren and put them through torture, but guess what. We will get them back and experience the fury of the Reapers!”