𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟐

Nick POV

And just like that I made the third mistake I would most regret. How could I be so oblivious, and dumb. I got caught up in the moment and didn't realize someone actually loves me. Someone actually cares for me and that someone is the love of my life. But I can't even blame her for leaving I mean I deserve it.

I caused her pain how could see trust me, how could see past what I did. I was honestly just playing my video game when Emma came in. I tried to resist but she wouldn't stop she forced her lips onto mine but I guess I kissed back.

This wasn't supposed to happen I should've listened to Y/n when she told me Emma was planning something, I should have listened when she warned me. My own daughter doesn't even wanna be here without Y/n how am I supposed to be.

I sit on the couch feeling tears well up in my eyes I put my head in my hands as I hear steps coming down towards me. That's when the couch sinks in as I feel a pair of hands rest on shoulder. I turn my head to see Emma giving me a reassuring smile.

I move away looking at her with anger and despair.

E: Nick its ok

Emma says as I shake my head

N: Whats ok?? The fact that we kissed or that fact that my girlfriend and daughter just left me

I ask as she shrugs

E: I think you should look at the bright side of the picture. You get me didn't you miss me, don't you want me. I'm back then why do you need her

She argues as I clench my jaw

N: I didn't miss you, I don't want you

I state firmly

E: What?? Why??

She questions giving me a puzzled expression

N: You wouldn't understand-

E: Understand what-

She cuts me off

N: You wouldn't understand how it feels to love someone cause you never have.

I retaliate

E: That SHE DOES, that girl does-??

She yells trying to get her point across

N: YES SHE DOES, she's been there for me, with me since the beginning she's always made me feel good about everything. She raised Maya, not you, you were never there. You never tried. Even after people giving her criticism for not being her biological mother she still loves Maya will all her heart.

E: And what about you, did you ever think that maybe she's with you because of Maya. Does she even love you

I nod vigorously, there's no doubt in my heart and no one can prove it differently I know she loves me and she's always proven it. She let Emma stay in our house cause I said so, she was nice to her cause I said so. Even when she got hurt she left because she loves me.

N: Of course she does and she's always proven it and I don't think I should be sitting here telling you and your heart of cold.

I explain as Emma looks at me emotionlessly

E: Well I don't care she's gone now and we could be together, I could have my daughter back, I could have you. A family someone to love, she's just intruded

Emma smiles as I look at her with disgust

N: How could you, how could you be so insensitive

I ask as she shrugs feeling zero remorse or guilt