𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗

Y/n POV

I was currently sitting in my car I had just gotten back home from running some errands to get some things but mostly to get my mind off Nick. I've been back for 2 days and the only thing I've thought about is Nick, Maya, what Mike said and then Nick again.

I feel like I'm going low-key crazy because I've never felt like this for anyone before, like I watch a movie I think off him, I eat I think of him, I lay down, listen to music the only person I THINK ABOUT IS HIM.

I can't even kiss my boyfriend without feeling pain for loving someone else how am I supposed to tell him I can't be with him that I don't feel the same. Because every time I try something comes up or he has something possibly more important to tell me . I sigh as I stop the engine and get out of the car walking over to the door.

I put my keys into the door slowly unlocking and opening it to see Nick sitting on the couch next to my mom with Maya his lap. I blink a couple of times making sure he actually here or if I'm just imagining shit.

That's until he looks at smiling sincerely

N: Y/n hey

He says softly as I take a step back, but I knew I had to be strong. The tears in my eyes welling up wanting to jump into his arms. But I can't.

Y/n: Mom what is he doing here

I ask coldly walking into the house and closing the door behind me trying not to make eye contact with Nick who I know for a fact was looking at me. I know if I look into those eyes I'll fall.

Mom: Y/n be nice. He's our guest and he came here to say hi. He was just telling me how much you helped him with Maya and he wanted to say thank you

She explains wanting me to understand but she only knew half the story

Y/n: So he come all the way over to New Jersey to say thank you. Doesn't seem like the Nick I know

I roll my eyes looking back at Mom. It's ironic he came all the way here just to say thanks I'm sure there some underlying meaning to this. But if he wanted me to leave why is he following me half way across the country now.

Mom: Y/N

I know I might be coming off as rude but being too soft will only break my heart further.

N: Ms. Arreaga it's ok we always joke like that

He chuckles as I shake my head annoyed 

Mom: Well I'm gonna head to for a walk in the park is it okay if I take Maya with me

My mom asks as if she wanted to leave this conversation. Nick smiles nodding

N: Of course you can

He stands up handing Maya to my mom as she walks to the door

Mom: BE nice

She mumbles near my ear as she walks out. The door closes behind me as I turn my head to see Nick looking at me lightly smiles as I kick off my shoes walking into the living room.

N: Y/n wait

He says as I stop halfway to the stairs

N: Please talk to me, please don't ignore me

He says softly, my heart melting I was biting my lip recklessly. I feel him walking up to me his presence being felt right on my back. My heart beating faster and breath moving in sync with his.

N: Please

He whispers into my ear with his fingertips moving on my arms. I turn my body to face him as he looks at me inches away from my face. He holds my arms looking at my lips and then eyes