2.0

"What?" Seokjin had been curled up on the couch for the last ten minutes, legs carefully tucked under him, arm resting on the back so his face could drop down onto his waiting palm, just staring at him with a look that was the strangest mixture of fondness and desire.

"You were right, alpha." Of course Jungkook had been right. All he'd ever had to do was just place his trust in him for this outcome to occur. To actually lean on his own alpha instead of running to someone else. "I wish I had listened to you sooner."

"It's alright that you didn't, Jinnie. Trust is better when it's earned."

"You're so sexy when you're right. Can you get all smug about it for me too?"

Pulling that over sized hood back up and over his head, he slowly pushed the hair that had fallen over one eye away, letting his lips curl up into a smirk as he leaned back.

"Tell me some more about how right I am."

"Well -" Pushing himself up, he rolled onto his knees, closing the expanse that existed between them. Lifting one leg and bringing it up and over before settling into his alpha's lap was his signature move, and it brought him in so close he was certain he'd be able to feel the way his stomach was start to swell beneath the loose clothing he wore. "- you were right about video calling my dad. I'm so glad you were there, alpha. I don't think I could have done it without you."

"Mm, I love it when you need me so much."

"I need you so much, Jungkook."

"Are you going to start trusting me more?" Backs of long, pale fingers ghosted along the heated skin of the other's cheek, taking in the way it still flushed such a pretty pink, left over remnants of all the embarrassed blushing Jungkook and Hoseok had managed to make him do.

"Yes." Namjoon had been right when it had come to Jungkook, there was no denying that. Just like he could no longer deny that's where the other alpha's usefulness had ended. Jungkook had been right about literally everything else, and this whole entire mess could have been so easily avoided if he had just placed his trust in the right alpha.

Yoongi's sin had been loving the wrong alpha too much. And Seokjin's had, in turn, been trusting the wrong one too much. An irony that would only come to him later, in the quiet of darkness. A realization that would make far more sense than it should have.

"Want me to show you how good I can be at listening?"

"I think I could use a demonstration."

"Then tell me what you want me to do, alpha."

"Hm, anything I want?" There was a moment where he pretending to contemplate what he wanted, cocking his head in an attempt to really think about it.

"Anything."

"Admit our baby is going to be a girl." That smug smirk that Seokjin had loved so much just a moment ago was back, and suddenly he wanted nothing more than to smack it off his face entirely.

"Really? Out of everything, that's what you ask for?"

"What can I say? I really like it when you tell me I'm right."

"I hope you're prepared to die on this hill because it's going to be a boy."

"I want to hear you say it when I'm right."

"And I want to hear you grovel for my forgiveness when I'm right!"

"Oh, it is on baby."

...

"I smell it now."

"Everyone does, you're not special."

"I smell like a whore house. How can any of you even stand being around me?"