1.0

Seokjin didn't know a lot. Mostly because there wasn't a lot to know.

But he did find some drastically important pieces of information, ones with the power to actually alter lives.

His grandmother had apparently been loved by precisely no one, considering there hadn't even been a funeral held for her when she finally managed to drink herself to death. There was exactly one singular mention of the whole sorry event in either timeline, and really, it was came down to nothing more than a side note.

His grandfather had managed to somehow purchase the love and affection of everyone around him. There had at least been a wake, although it had occurred years before his grandmothers.

He really was going to have to find a way to thank Namjoon for his vast intelligence, because he definitely never would have thought to look for their obituaries online. Actually, he had never been aware that such a thing even existed until now. Honestly, he truly did need to stop spending so much time watching cooking videos and taking selfies and learn something about the world. But that would require common sense and it had long since been established that was one thing he severely lacked.

"So... if they're dead, does that mean my mom is..."

"I mean, there's no statue of limitations on kidnapping."

"Who's gonna turn it in?"

"Good question. But Seokjin, are you really sure about this? I mean, do you really think this is what Yoongi is gonna want?"

"I don't know, Joonie. Part of me says to use the excuse that he's my father and I have a right to know him too."

"That's not selfish, Jinnie. That's the truth."

"Yeah but... I'm not the one who remembers him, you know? I'm not the one who's still in love with him."

"Let's try looking at it like this." Namjoon's voice was gentle, and he twisted them around until he and Seokjin were facing each other. "You're still in love with Jungkook."

"I'm -"

"Don't even try and deny it. You are." Seokjin could attempt to deny that one simple fact as much as he wanted. There was absolutely no lying and no changing it. "You're still in love with Jungkook, Seokjin. Now look at how much of a mess you've been being without your alpha, and it's only been a few months. Look at how much of a mess you've said he's been. Now try multiplying that by years."

"Time is supposed to make things easier."

"Yeah? Let me tell you something. It doesn't. All of that stuff about time healing wounds is bullshit. Sure, it might get easier to stop consciously thinking about it every single second of every single day. It might get a bit easier to wake up in the morning and get over that instant shock and dread that the person you love more than anything isn't where they're supposed to me. Isn't beside you. Isn't in your arms. Might make it bit easier to fall asleep, to only have a few tears fall instead of a whole torrent.

But it doesn't heal shit. All it does is turn those wounds into nasty, festering boils that never get any better. Eventually they might scar, if you're lucky, but you know what the thing about scars if? They still fucking hurt. They still remind you of what happened. Of what you lost.

Your most admirable trait Seokjin is how fucking strong you are. If I had been told all of that shit by the person I thought was my brother? I would not have handled it nearly as well. If my alpha had left me like that because apparently I wasn't worth waiting a few weeks for? I would have broken. You just keep on going. You just keep on caring about everyone around you. That's how you deal with your pain. That's how Yoongi dealt with his and that's all you ever knew.

Now imagine all of the pain you've felt in the past few months and multiply exponentially and have it span actual decades. Think about how much you want Jungkook back. About everything you've done to try and save him. What you're preparing to do.

You and Yoongi are the exact same fucking person. It's actually terrifying how alike you are and I can't believe no one ever figured out it's because you're actually his replica. An exact mini-me without the personality of a rock. Which, honestly, is pretty understandable now."

"Where are you going with this?"

"That you have a chance to help Yoongi get his alpha back."

"You're saying I need to be his Taehyung."

"Exactly."

"Well, this is one way to kill time."

...

"What the fuck do I even say?" The private message window had been open for what felt like hours, sitting there completely blank and staring him directly in the face.

"Honestly? Just go with the truth."

"Right. The truth will set you free and all of that bullshit."

"Hey, I never said that one was bullshit."

"You didn't have to."

...

Kim_Seokjinnie:

Hello!

That sounds awkward, I'm sorry. Actually, this whole thing is gonna be awkward. I'm being awkward right now. Shit.

...

".... You just fucking sent that."

"I know. Fuck. I know. He's gonna think something is wrong with me."

"Well luckily time zones are on your side and it's still early as fuck there. But I suggest you get to typing."

...

Kim_Seokjinnie:

I can't believe I just sent that to you. Literally the first thing I say is just nonsense.

I'm not really sure how to actually put this, so I guess I'll just come out with it.

I'm pretty sure you know my mom. His name is Min Yoongi.

...

"Should I leave it at that?"

"Maybe? I don't have any experience with this shit."

"Like I do?"

"Okay, fair point. I guess you could leave it there. I mean, there's really no reason to give out anymore information until he replies back. Which might be a while."

"What time is it there?"

"I believe it's the actual butt crack of dawn."

"Charming."

"Come on. Let's get something to eat while we wait."

"But what if he answers while we're gone?"

"Seokjin you fucking have Instagram on your phone."

"I somehow keep forgetting those things exist."

"How are you even still alive?"